Used 2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Azera - Great Value!
By tlworth

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a car that was not too pretentious, and wanted a car that felt pretentious. This one solved both items. It's a fun car to drive and I feel very safe in it. It doesn't like to go just 35 mph and loves to travel on the open highway. It comes well equipped and the fit and finish is very good. I've had to have several minor things fixed under warranty, but that was another major selling point of the Hyundai. The warranty is the best in the industry, and I've had great service from the dealership.

Favorite Features

Performance, fit and finish, ride, warranty, stereo, handling.

Suggested Improvements

I think that's called the Genesis.

Great car for the money
By MistrBackgammon

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. Big comfortable well appointed interior. Great performance and mileage for such a large car. Wonderful seats, sound system, climate control, etc. Enormous trunk but opening designed to leak in rain. Mushy suspension which appears to be unfixable. Metal trim in console marginal, fake wood trim peels oddly. Warranty covered halogen foglight bulbs repeatedly, but when plastic panel under car falls off for no reason this was alleged to be "body damage" uncovered by warranty. Overall fit and finish excellent but Hyundai seems unwilling to support and stand by car at level which would expect with such a luxurious vehicle.

Favorite Features

seats, steering power, quietness, overall driving experience

Suggested Improvements

trunk opening design, suspension, warranty support, flimsy plastic cover under chassis which falls off.

What-a-car
By bigdave

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 3k mi on it, original owners decided they wanted the Limited. I have the 3.3lt engine which provides 253HP. Very quick and nimble,20mpg in town and 30+ on the highway! Kind of wish i had the 3.8 engine but mileage would suffer. It could use a little more noise dampening and that's about it. Its a full size car, lots of room with a large trunk capacity. Terrific car!

Favorite Features

comfortable, fast, great mileage(on cruise at 65mph, 35mpg!can't beat it in this size car), good stereo(basic).

Suggested Improvements

more sound dampening would help

Best car I have owned
By R.Cherry

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Of all the cars I have ever owned, be it new or used this is the best one of the bunch. Only problems I have to report are that after three months I couldn't get the XM radio to re-cycle and the pearl white paint seems to chip a little too much for my tastes. A dealer fixed the XM radio in less than a minute. One more thing, tires seem to have flat spots in them until they warm up. Otherwise a great car. I was impressed enough to buy my wife a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, solely on the strength of the Hyundai name. They have come a very, very long way since their first exports here years ago.

Favorite Features

Mistaken for a more expensive brand

Suggested Improvements

Better chip resistance paint, better tires.

2007 Azera
By Chuck Leonard

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This was the the first truly new car we every purchased. We really like the cars exterior green color and light beige leather interior. The car performs very will and we get about 26.5 MPG on the highway The biggest problem I have with the and maybe I should say the tires that came on it, is road noise. at 17,000 miles the dealer Car City St Joseph MO replaced one the tires but that really did not solve the problem. Now at 30,800 miles the dealer is saying the tires are cupped. Telling me its my fault for not rotating then every 7,500 miles.

Favorite Features

Back screen visor Access for cruise control

Suggested Improvements

Silver finish on console is not durable enough.