Used 2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Snug as a bug in a rug
By Jon

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a full size and safe car (grandson). Everything I read or researched said this was the car for me. I love it. Smooth comfortable ride,quiet as an atheist in church,plenty of oomph,safety can't be beat. On highways or good back roads it is a dream. Sometimes on rough roads or going over expansion joints on cement roads there is an intrusion of noise into the normally dead silent interior which usually simply engulfs you with serenity. No hint of looseness and a smooth push of power when you need or want it. I assume the safety features work as well as the rest of the car. I have zero regrets in my choice and I am sure I will like this car just as much years from now.

Quiet, comfortable, easy to manuever, power enough, mileage is excellent for a car this size, variable valve timing allows unleaded gas and efficient burning (good green rating), interior seems to fit like a glove and the fit and finish is superb.

Don't try to fix something that is not broke. OK, I did put plastic mats over the light colored originals as they would certainly be stained and hopelessly dirty after a few months. OK, what in the world is the use of folding mirrors? Car wash? Really small garage? Brag to friends?

I Love My Car...
By nowphoenix

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. It would be "perfect" if it were a 2-seater convertible, but I'm extremely happy with it. Fuel economy could be "greener" but it's a big car, so... It's extremely comfy on short and long rides and my friends continually ask, "This is a Hyundai?" I really don't have any bad things to say which is rare since it's my 17th car. I tend to switch cars every year or two, but can see myself keeping this one for quite awhile...at least until the new Hyundai Genesis hits showrooms! Don't smirk before you try it. You will be pleasantly surprised how nice the Azera is...especially if you're over the sky high repair bills of Mercs and BMWs.

POWER. Put your foot in it and it GOES. Seating, though high, is really comfy. Passenger and cargo room is caverous. Awesome Infinity sound system. (Please add an Mp3 jack and nix the cassette, next model)

Handling should be stiffened a bit. It gets "Cadillac floaty" over freeway expansion joints. Maybe Hyundai could create a "sport" model of this car. It would definitely reach the performance-oriented buyer. All of the components are there...just take the chance.

Great car for the price
By DFWfrank

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Researched for 3 months with test driving both Azera and Avalon. 18 years of Toyota ownership, the last 6 in Avalons, decided on the Azera. Felt that fit-and-finish,quietness, and power as good if not better than Avalon. Transmission and shifting was better than Avalon. We like the exterior and interior looks better than Avalon. Slight concern on reliability but with warranty not a big deal. Had to take Avalons in for reliability issues. Drive is not better or worse than Avalon just different, still very nice. We find the car fun to drive. You get a lot of features as standard features. Especially like that trunk size is 16.6 vs. Avalon's 14.0. cubic ft. Would recommend.

Folding mirrors, easy to reach controls, standard safety features such as ESC with TCS, ABS with Brake Assist and EBD. Fold down back seat,large trunk. Engine power and smooth transmission shifting.

Not much, metal interior door handles, a little better MPG.

Updated Review
By Carolina Bob

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 5,000 miles on the car and have made several trips of 125 up to 650 miles. Everything is perfect about the car, except the ride over mildly rough roads. It bounces and the car ends up with excess body float combined with sharp wheel motion on anything less than perfectly smooth roadways. That sharp wheel motion isn’t soaked up by the suspension; it’s transferred to the cabin in the form of impact harshness. It bounces up and down on anything other than perfectely smooth pavement. Hyundai is replacing a lot of shocks, but that really isn't solving the problem. Plan to have mine replaced under warranty and hoping for the bes Fantastic car in all respects except for ride.

All the bells and whistles on the Limited with Ultimate package. Too many to list. MPG is about 28 on highway to 31 on interstate, which is very good for the power and size.

Daytime Runnint Lights and a BETTER SUSPENSION. It should ride like a luxury car.

I love my Azera
By Ken

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car from auction with 12300 miles. I've driven it from Kansas to Canada, and loved every minute of the trip. We got about 28 mpg on the interstate, and about 27 over-all on the trip. I'm 6' and about 220 lbs, and find the car to be very comfortable, something I was worried about. I can't believe how quiet it is, whether on the road, or just idling in the driveway. The sound system is quite nice, and the driving controls are very handy and easy to get used to. I've owned two Lincolns and would rate the Azera right with them for much less money. It beats the Accord I owned by a mile. You might not want this car if you care what other people think.

Smooth, quiet ride. Very comfortable. Good styling. Nice sound system. Decent gas milage, especially compared with my Explorer. I like the suspension as opposed to what some say. It's a matter of taste, I guess.

I would like to see passenger climate controls (air flow) in the back seat.