2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Engine Fire...2007 Azera
By gsuroviec on 12/09/12 17:12 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned this car for 3 years. I am 2nd owner. The 2nd owner only gets 5 year, 60K mile warranty. I was about 3 weeks past the 5 years when the engine caught on fire while sitting in a parking lot, turned off. It was a total loss... and also for others parked near by...as they too lit up. The fire started in the very front of the engine compartment. Hyundai denied any assistance or responsibility for the engine fire. They were not interested to investigate. I am just so thankful it happened out in the open, rather than back in my attached garage. I will never own another Hyundai or Kia again. I value my safety and that of my family first.

Update 1 year later
By whigbee on 03/02/12 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I'm updating my review from 1 year ago. Since then I have encountered more issues. My dashboard has cracked on the passenger side, where the Airbag is. The cracks are basicially in the shape of where the bag is. Also the rear window shade has gone out for the 2nd time. The paint is fading. I e-mailed Hyundai Usa, and they directed me to a dealership. I have 1 month or 5,000 miles left until the warranty expires (5yr/60k). This is something that should be covered even after expiration, I feel they are both safety issues. Unfortunatly I have to go back to a dealership that lacks customer service and follow-up. I had such high hopes for this Car, but am disappointed in the build/reliability

A Good Car Overall
By justme86 on 10/08/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car since new. Quiet, good performance and decent mpg. A comfortable ride that's been on quite a few long trips. The only problems I've had are an undercar protective panel falling off on the highway (covered under warranty), the Michelin tires lasted only 30k miles and, now, the dash has cracked (I assume the dealer will also cover under warranty). I only have one little occassional rattle but don't they all have at least one? I've enjoyed this car and intend to keep it until at least the end of the warranty period. I would recommend Hyundai to all buyers.

Issues with our 2007 Azera
By daveb2323 on 09/09/11 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a our 2007 Azera new, and have had several issues with the car. I will list only those that I consider more than nuisance value. Cracked dashboard, much like all the other customers. Sound barrier/shroud bolts under car came off like others, dragging from front to back. Latest issue is a failed rear winshield screen motor, which the dealer says has been impossible for him to fix... Car also gives off a tremendous amount of heat under the car on both sides and the rear. Overall, the car has been nice to drive but has so many what seems to be design flaws that it's now clear to me why hyundai does not advertise it or give it showroom floor space.

2007 Azera Ltd
By whigbee on 02/24/11 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

on 02/24/11 19:08 PM (PST) I had both Plastic engine shrouds fall down while driving. I drove it home with them pointing forward hitting the ground. I unbolted the remaining bolts and removed them and took it to our dealer( Poor Customer service), and they questioned me, but I showed where they broke. The car radiates a lot of heat when you get out of the car, by the drivers door, from underneath. I had the Door panels replaced, the Rear shade replaced, the rubber around the sunroof replaced. The battery replaced after 2 years. The ride can be rough, but the power is great.

Great car
By Phil on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the money. My last two cars were supercharged GM products. This car has more pickup and more comfort then both. So far I'm getting 26 + miles per gallon with all that power. It has 60,000 miles on it but runs like new. Can not even tell that the engine is running. I love this car.

Another Cracked Dash
By Not happy! on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was a big advocate of my Hyundai azera. I didn't complain about having to wait 6 months to correct the recall on the front seat belt. I didn't complain when the dealers were telling every owner they needed to change the interior air filter? I didn't even complain about the dash cracking. But when I found out that it is a design flaw with the passenger air bag and that hundred of 06 and07 cars have the same problem. That Hyundai changed the style because of the design problem in 08. And, that I can't even get it repaired because of the liability. I complained to Hyundai consumer affairs---they blew me off and won't even return a call!

More car for the $$$
By Stixcharmer on 05/01/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Azera Limited is a fine car for the money. This vehicle is compared in construction to some of the BMW series and won! The Korean car maker is certainly headed in the right direction by providing a luxury vehicle without the high price tag. The door handles are nicely designed and convenient. The Infinity sound system rocks! Areas to improve: Car is heavy when applying brakes, emergency brake light needs a sounder to alert the driver, no auxiliary input for your mp3. The leather seating is too thin but lumbar support helps. If your electronic gizmos starts to go wacky, try changing battery first before spending $ at dealership if your warranty runs out. Enjoy your Azera!

Yin and Yang
By Mole on 02/02/10 15:58 PM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for the money. Looks and sounds high-end. Great engine, nice stereo, acceptable mileage, very quiet inside, transmission is fine. Suspension is rough over bumps yet not firm in the corners. Rear sun shade is nice touch, until it broke (fixed under warranty). Rear mirror fell off. Big car but seat doesn't go back far enough. Trunk does drip in water when opened but that doesn't really bother me. Great trunk w/cargo net & split folding seats. Good in stop/go and on highway. Leather isn't super supple, but is durable. No problems with build quality, rattles, or peeling trim. No mechanical problems. Lots of safety features.

In the snow
By WVlover on 12/27/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We were recently caught in a bad snow storm in MD and WVa. The Azera outperformed all the other cars on the road. It went right through those huge snow drifts, did not fishtail on slippery roads, and all in all was safe and sound. I love this car and think it is underrated.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.