Used 2006 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Excellent vehicle
By bri76

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent car that rides beautifully and gets decent gas mileage (avg. 26mpg) on the highway. On the streets of NYC, the mileage plummets and is very poor. The on board computer lists the average mileage in the city as 12mpg. The car is comfortable and performs well. At the parking garage it has been mistaken for a Mercedes more than once.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, decent horsepower, ample interior room, many features, including rear sunshade.

Suggested Improvements

The rear trunk closes with an atrociously tinny sound for a car in this price range.

From a Lexus to an Azera
By Rob

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I was very shocked when i got into the 2006 Limited SE Azera especially since I had a 1992 Lexus LS400. The amenities are great and the car handles fine. The gas mileage definitely needs improvement. I love all the bells and whistles, like when a large SUV gets behind me at night. The lights used to shine right in my eyes. Now I just hit the back reflector shade and the night time driving button on the rear view mirror. I drove up to NY from Fla in 19 hours averaged 68 mph and averaged 28 mpg. I recommend the car. Watch out for the maintenance prices to keep the warranty valid thought.

Favorite Features

Mute Button on Drivers Wheel Dual Temp Settings Rear Visor All the Airbags

Suggested Improvements

Lighten the load a bit Improve the gas mileage

AWESOME AZERA
By Frank Duve

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in late 2006 & have been amazed at it's build quality & comfort. The driving position is perfect for a 6 footer. I use it daily for work in heavy Washington D.C. traffic & 54,000 miles have proven it's durability. It's a pleasure to drive.The Azera has features that others in it's class can't match.I get about 22 m.p.g. in the city, & 26-30 on the highway & this car is fast.

Favorite Features

Build quality, comfort, durability, perfect engine & transmission, size & handling.The dealership is excellent. Probably the best of any car that I've owned.

Suggested Improvements

The lighting stands improvement. The battery quit after about one year. The a/c compressor was replaced all under warranty.

A lot of car for the price I paid.
By Yifan

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Nobody thought I'd buy this car, including me, but I haven't regretted since. A lot of power for its curb weight. The other day, I had no problem keeping up with a Mazdaspeed 3 on the freeway going 90mph. Like some people say, you don't realize how fast you are going because the ride is very quiet and smooth. Of course, it also helps that Hyundai has such long warranties on it. Haven't had need to take it back to dealer yet though. Roomy interior and superb upholstery, though not leather, all the nice touches are there including the "fake" wood plastic finish. Large trunk. Exterior styling is ok, but not the best. But for a $23K car, it's not bad.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, sports car feel on the freeway (due to the high torque output), roomy interior and excellent upholstery for a non-luxury car, large trunk, comfortable seats both front and back, excellent performance and value to price ratios.

Suggested Improvements

I can make suggestions, but it would add to the cost. It's fine as is.

Great car!
By psmithr

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We have been driving 06 Azera for about a year and half and have been extremely pleased with the quality of ride. So impressed were we that when we wanted to buy an SUV (had a baby) we immediately bought a Veracruz LTD AWD. This car has more features, bells and whistles than other brands for a far lesser price. We strongly recommend Azera for anyone looking for a mid-full size sedan.

Favorite Features

Memory seats, leather interior, MP3 changer.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage.