2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Hope they can fix or won't buy another.
By D. Hughes on 04/24/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Impressed by the fit, finish, and options for the money. Didn't like the way the transmission shifted from day one. Under light throttle at 20-30 mph it can't seem to decide what gear it should be in. Also, torque converter lock up frequently won't release under load on a grade without first forcing a 5-4 downshift. More recently, I have been experiencing an intermittent but pronounced bucking/jerking under light load at 25-40 mph. It appears to be related to torque converter lock up problems. Engine is noisy (probably piston slap) until fully warmed up. Suspension transmits a lot of noise over rapid bumps such as rail road tracks or rough pavement. Tire noise is apparent on smooth roads.

Had enough of it
By azera on 03/14/08 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Like other reviewers have said, all I ever hear from the service dept. is "that is normal". The transmission in this car is terrible. It never knows what gear to be in. It has slipped on many occasions especially after getting off a highway onto city streets. The service dept. even told me that if my wife drives different than me than the car will not learn how to shift properly!! Who would make a car like that? My wife will not even drive it any more, she hates the transmission that much. Too bad because most everything else is good. Getting rid of it soon.

I have 2 2006 Azera Limiteds
By J on 03/05/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first 2006 Azera Limited brand new in November, 2006. My parents bought a used 2006 Azera Limited in Spring, 2007. I bought another used 2006 Azera Limited with 14,000 miles in February, 2007. I have owned 3 Cadillac DeVilles and 2 Cadillac Sevilles since 1995. Although the Azera does not have the Cadillac ride, I still like it better than the Cadillacs. The gas mileage in town has been around 17 but on the road I get mid 20s. Obviously, I am sold on the Azera Limited. I hope the resale values are better in a few years. I look forward to the introduction of the Genesis this summer.

Azera Problems
By LTG3122 on 02/20/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Gas mileage less than 12 mpg city; told car should have at least 10K miles before you get good mileage. Had car in 3 times; told everything normal, "that's what you should expect". Combined city/highway only 17 with >50% expressway. Minor items: accelerator very sensitive on starting; doesn't shift to highest gear til 40 mpg (told normal); keys bump against steering column; no coin holder for tolls, parking meters; light beige interior shows dirt readily.

Luv it
By Eric on 01/31/08 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Azera since I have had it, it has been great. We drive out of town a lot and it drives like a high priced car. It is fun to drive and is one of the safest in its class. I is very fast, handles great, rides smooth, and we love it.

Dead Battery
By Dennis on 01/31/08 05:01 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Gas mileage is terrible. No front seat drivers side leg room. Not a car to drive if you are over six feet tall. Battery drains after 3-4 days of being parked. Hyundai says that is normal(?) Transmission never knows what gear it wants to be in. No reason to buy this car as long as they are building Accords and Camrys.

Why drive anything else?
By Bob on 12/19/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned many different cars in the last 32 years - all European, and I've kept an eye on the market. The Azera is, in my opinion, the best luxury car you can get for the money. To get a comparably equipped car from anyone else, you'd have to spend at least $5k more, and you probably still wouldn't have rain-sensing wipers. The Azera is very quick, handles well, and has clean, distinctive, styling. And don't forget the LED tail lights, as they afford those behind you an extra margin when you're stopping. Though city economy is not great, I've consistently acheived 28+ MPG on the highway. I just don't see how you could go wrong. This is the frugal buyers luxury car!

2006 Hyundai Azera
By WILLIAM SHRIGLEY on 12/18/07 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I work at an auction yard, and drive all makes and models of cars, and the only car that can match the Azera is the BMW, but it costs to much money.

Most Bang for the Buck
By Richard Eden on 12/01/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this car for about 14 months now and have no complaints or gripes. and it is $4000.00 cheaper than it's nearest competitor. I test drove all the vehicles in it's class,domestic and foreign, and found nothing better in that price range. In the categories listed above. I was a local car salesman so I have driven a lot of cars from Maserati's to Yugo's and I love this car. I have gotten out of a lot of tight scrapes and dangerous driving situations with this car,It saved my life in handling. This car does what Hyundai says it would. The advertisements don't lie. hmmm! a auto dealer than doesn't lie, a car commercial that tells the truth, amazing. Rick and Werner Eden

A Cheap BMW!
By livewiremd on 11/13/07 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for over a year now and it has been worth every cent so far. I was scared to trust a Hyundai after my sisters experience with a Sonata back in the 90's but the warranty made me take the risk. This car has operated flawlessly since ownership. Like all cars, there are good and bad but this car has been a winner. I am a previous Dodge Intrepid owner and was impressed with the quality, performance and comfort. My only gripe with this car is the shadow that hangs over the driver side low beam headlight. I have heard others complain about this and am still searching for a fix. Other than that, avoiding tickets is my main concern with this cruiser.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.