Used 2006 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews - 300 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

problems
By steve

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

i have 45,000 miles on the car. overall, i like it very much. three problems i have had and other customers according to the dealer. the rear electronic window shade motor broke. the dash board has split around the passenger airbag twice now, and some problem with the timing chain recently which causes a rattling noise during a cold first start. all of these were politely fixed by the dealer, no questions asked. my car has consistently got 24.3 mpg, according to the computer.

beautiful exterior/interior. great ride. lot of complements on the car. great service. full sized spare with custom rim .... on and on.

no splitting dashboards, no rear window shade motor burn outs or at least provide a tool to retract the shade if it does ie like the sunroof tool. fixed the timing chain problem.

I laugh at BMW buyers
By livewiremd

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am a previous owner of a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES with the 3.2l engine. For about the same price as I paid for the Trep in 2000, I have a fully loaded LE that has so far been almost flawless. Now after 50,000 miles, I am still impressed. Initially I was scared to try Hyundai after my sister owned a Sonata back in the 90's, and that car literally fell apart. This car has been rock solid and I have only had 2 issues, and all were replaced free of charge by the dealership. The fact that this car has an excellent warranty and free roadside assist sold me. The car looks classy but a bit conservative. It rides a bit mushy but my second set of tires (Goodyear F1) has improved handling.

Good looks. Good build quality and great warranty. Only issue I ever had (accelerator failure while parked) was towed and repaired for free. The dealer also repaired my bumper for free (without my asking) when I hit a deer. The car has good pickup and it handles well for a luxury car.

HEADLIGHTS on driver side!! Way too dim or low. Dealer replaced whole assembly in 08 for free and still have poor visibility on that side. On the 06, the cool luminescent dash colors don't match with the clock and radio colors (kind of picky!)

After 80,000 mi. Its still like new
By BILL IN SO. CALIF

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot, and at 6,4" it fits me great. I appreciate the power, standard features, and quality of the bodywork and paint. I'm going to keep it until it falls apart, then get another one. After having a Toyota Avalon, and comparing both, I went with the azera. Dealer has been great.

Ease to drive, pullout power,dual comfort zone. Infinity sound system. All the standard features, that cost more on other cars.

Headlights need upgrading, which I did. Clock can't be seen if its a sunny day.

Trip odometer resets
By Ray

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Someone wrote a review about their 2009 Azera having problems with trip odometer resetting. Check the battery connections. Mine was slighly loose. Enough, however to cause this problem. Just came back on 700 mile trip running 70 mph with air & traffic. I got 28.4 mpg.

power, style comfort totally loaded with features standard that you would pay more for on other cars.

Still a "WOW"
By Julien

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the quality, reliability and performance of a Lexus for thousands less. In 3 years, we've changed the oil and 1 light bulb. That's it! It goes like stink (that might explain the gas mileage), does it quietly (allowing us to truly enjoy the car's great audio system) all the while feeling secure (even our son loves how the car handles). Incredible Bang for the Buck. 3 people have bought an Azera on our recommendation and love their car as much as we do. Hyundai's Best Kept Secret.

Roominess (big back seat), Head Room (even with the Sunroof), Trunk Cargo Volume, Engine Power and Smoothness, Heated Front Seats, Power-adjustable Foot Pedals, Electroluminescent Gauges, Integrated Memory System (2 settings), Rain-sensing Wipers, Power Rear Sunshade and Power Folding Side Mirrors.

Battery Saver Feature like GM in case interior lights are accidentally left on. One switch that turns all interior lights on and off at once instead of each one separately. A brighter trunk light. Integrate transmitter into key like Honda Accord because it hits the dash when going over bumps.