2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Looking at another Hyundai
By Bob i on 07/24/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I can't count the number of time I'm asked about the Azera Limited by strangers. In parking lots, gas stations stop signs just everywhere. The last one was at a gas station. The guy even asked to sit it in. Beautiful was his comment! Couldn't believe it was 2 years old. Loved the whole car and was going to visit a dealer soon. I love the features inside, attention to detail is equal to those other high-end cars. Power when you need to pass. My son played with the auto shift. Cool he said! Nice wide stance, if looking for a sporty ride not this car, it's a comfort car. Keep it maintained properly and it will go way beyond 10 yrs/100,000 miles.

45,500 Miles Not A Problem
By Silver Azera on 07/10/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The Hankook tires will just about make my next 5,000 miles which will be my first big investment in this car- new tires at 50K miles. Rain, sleet, snow and clear skies, the car handles well and is comfortable for both front and rear passengers. I've had the dealer just perform oil changes (wiper blades at 40K)and rotated the tires. No other maintenance required. The body finish has held up well and the car looks brand new coming out of the car wash. Everyone who gets in can't believe how comfortable it rides, quiet and roomy. Overall this has been one of the best cars I have bought.

After 3 new Hyundais..This is my last
By hydman on 06/24/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Windows go down instead of up... Dealer can't duplicate. Trip odometer resets itself. Dealer can't duplicate. Radio has no volume. Dealer can't duplicate. Mirrors self adjust. Dealer can't duplicate. Hood latch doesn't work. Dealer says you have to play with it. Air intake for electrical component cooling in rear wheel well... 5 miles on a dirt road clogs filter... Dealer says car not meant to be driven on dirt road. Tsb on rear sunshade says replace known defective gear... Dealer says not covered under warranty. Lack of concern by Hyundai consumer affairs. 100,000 miles on santafe... No problems 50,000 miles on elantra... No problems 70,000 miles on azera... Nothing but problems.

dont buy if you have an Acura
By avis on 06/21/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded out of my Acura due to gas prices, on the rise, as it took premium and it was getting up in miles 94,000 but should have kept the Acura, as I miss the handling on the Acura. The Azera limited handling is unstable,and bouncy. I cannot do 120 mph comfortably, as it does not handle the curves very well. transmission has difficulty shifting at times, ABS does not work well in the snow, I slid a lot with new tires. I get 15 mpg due to my driving habits, and any one who knows how to drive, and likes to drive, will not like this car.

TWO YEARS AND STLL LOVING IT
By PAUL W on 06/13/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

While the exterior style is nothing to boast about, the cabin is functional, fun, and fancy. People are surprised by the roominess and style of the car. The car has held up well in both city and highway use.

Azera 2006
By Richard on 06/07/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car that I now drive is one of the best cars that in over 55 years I have owned. Most every manufacturers top of the line automobile ( the automatic truck opener) that needed a visit to the dealer near my home has been the only time I needed to visit the dealer. On the highway, real good gasoline mileage and just average in city driving in the winter when we are visited by loads of heavy traffic from the snowbirds. I use only Mobil one oil and have never added a drop of oil between oil changes. My car being one of the first of this model did not come with a navigation system, but has every other item one could ask for.

Goes Like Stink
By njoy on 06/07/08 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Azera new two years ago because an Azera passed our Mazda going up a steep hill. We weren't used to that. Can't understand anyone who says this car doesn't go like stink. There were two models available and we got the one with the V6 3.8 engine (the cheaper model had a different motor -- the overview doesn't mention that so maybe a Canadian option) and all the bells and whistles. The ONLY vehicle that comes close is the Passat and we leave it behind on hills. The passing performance is simply spectacular which we need because we pass a lot of big trucks on icy roads. Fabulous car. More for comfort than performance? I think not.

Azzy Rules
By Jazzpreacher on 04/27/08 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Traded from a Buick Rendezvous because driving it 80 miles round trip to work was too much $$$ for gas. While looking at Sonatas, a salesman said "check out the Azera, it has as much space as a 7 Series BMW" I sat in it and was instantly hooked. Bought my Azera used with 18K miles, I'm up to 45K and loving every driving minute. I get 29-33 MPG highway and 20-24 city. Idling will drive that down. With the possible exception of my 96 Buick Riviera, it's the best ride I've ever had.

Great Car
By Mike - KY on 04/27/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car, my 3rd Hyundai, love the power and gas mileage. 22 MPG around town, 29 MPG highway. Great leg room, five adults can ride comfortably. Holds the road well and has excellent power. Better insulation would help with road noise.

Better than expected
By BILL IN SO. CALIF on 04/26/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Had 13,000 when purchased. Complained about possible suspension issues, Hyundai replaced all 4 struts and shocks. Had some minor problems that were taken care of under warranty. Mileage has been very good, well over 25 mpg. Had a Toyota Avalon and Mercedes e class, but this is much better car for the money. I am 6,4, but have plenty of room. I get a lot of "what kind of car is this", it looks great. Will be anxious to see the new Genesis.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.