2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Excellent value & quality for the money
By Ellen Clark on 08/23/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Good daily driver that is also good highway traveler. SHIFTRONIC transmission make driving in mountains of Colorado and Utah a pleasure and prevents overheating brakes. Engine, transmission and mechanical perform well in 110+ degree desert heat. Paint has held up well in cloudless sunny skies of Arizona. The battery needed replacement after 2 years, the coolant tank cracked (but did not leak) and the dash top cover cracked, and all were replaced free under warranty by dealer. The seat, foot pedal and steering column adjustments combined with the integrated memory system easily accommodates out 2 drivers who have an 8 inch height difference. This Azera is 3 years old and has 30,000 miles

A Car to Consider
By senior citizen to be on 08/13/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had to replace my 97 Camry. Owning all kinds of cars in the past (Lexus- Benz-Honda-Audi) this one made sense. Things I love: safety features (airbags all around, stability and traction control + the usual - ABS etc.), power (250 hp), transmission (smooth, gear stays on until red zone if you hit it), comfort (seats, rear A/C - heat fan, illuminated power switches, auto up/down window for driver & pass), optional features (front & REAR reading lights, huge trunk, good stereo), and highway gas mileage (28). Major gripe: If you want a sporty car this is not it. On straight road it is great. BUT smooshy on curves (just like a Buick). Minor stuff: City MPG could be better. Buy used not new.

problems
By steve on 07/26/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

i have 45,000 miles on the car. overall, i like it very much. three problems i have had and other customers according to the dealer. the rear electronic window shade motor broke. the dash board has split around the passenger airbag twice now, and some problem with the timing chain recently which causes a rattling noise during a cold first start. all of these were politely fixed by the dealer, no questions asked. my car has consistently got 24.3 mpg, according to the computer.

I laugh at BMW buyers
By livewiremd on 07/01/09 11:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am a previous owner of a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES with the 3.2l engine. For about the same price as I paid for the Trep in 2000, I have a fully loaded LE that has so far been almost flawless. Now after 50,000 miles, I am still impressed. Initially I was scared to try Hyundai after my sister owned a Sonata back in the 90's, and that car literally fell apart. This car has been rock solid and I have only had 2 issues, and all were replaced free of charge by the dealership. The fact that this car has an excellent warranty and free roadside assist sold me. The car looks classy but a bit conservative. It rides a bit mushy but my second set of tires (Goodyear F1) has improved handling.

After 80,000 mi. Its still like new
By BILL IN SO. CALIF on 06/09/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a lot, and at 6,4" it fits me great. I appreciate the power, standard features, and quality of the bodywork and paint. I'm going to keep it until it falls apart, then get another one. After having a Toyota Avalon, and comparing both, I went with the azera. Dealer has been great.

Trip odometer resets
By Ray on 05/10/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Someone wrote a review about their 2009 Azera having problems with trip odometer resetting. Check the battery connections. Mine was slighly loose. Enough, however to cause this problem. Just came back on 700 mile trip running 70 mph with air & traffic. I got 28.4 mpg.

Still a "WOW"
By Julien on 03/18/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the quality, reliability and performance of a Lexus for thousands less. In 3 years, we've changed the oil and 1 light bulb. That's it! It goes like stink (that might explain the gas mileage), does it quietly (allowing us to truly enjoy the car's great audio system) all the while feeling secure (even our son loves how the car handles). Incredible Bang for the Buck. 3 people have bought an Azera on our recommendation and love their car as much as we do. Hyundai's Best Kept Secret.

time for a new one
By ralfyb on 03/18/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 42000 on my 06 azera and am going to get a 09 I was going to trade it in but the value is terrible I do not understand this car had 2 problems a broken head rest clip and a seat switch they really should value this car more they have made a lifetime Hyundai buyer out of me I plan On keeping my 06 and letting my daughter use it why should i give up the 100000 Great car keep up the good work

2006 Azera Ltd... we like it!
By CarBuff on 03/16/09 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Fast, fun to drive. Excellent build quality and a lot of room both in the rear seat and the trunk! Gas mileage is not good enough in today's market. I get about 21 city and about 25 highway. I have also had some electrical issues with seat belt light coming on and headlights flickering. Overall a great car for the money.

Doubting Hyundai buyer
By JW on 02/10/09 13:17 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

When you turn your car on, does your car turn you on? Mine does! The only problem I had was the position the highlights were reflecting on the road, but the dealership adjusted. This car is wonderful. From the sleek exterior design, the plush interior to the horse power under the hood. My husband forced me to test drive a Sonata, but when we went into the dealership and I saw this Azera I knew it was something special. Like other comments I've read, it's hard to believe there aren't more on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.