Used 2006 Hyundai Azera SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Enjoying it with reservations
By Rod

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Read all the reviews before buying it. could not get more than 14MPG, under any circumstances, hated that the key fob kept hitting the plastic dash and absolutely hated the ride. I was told to wait till I drove it a while before I can expect better gas mileage. At my first oil change, a young mechanic reinstalled the software that runs the engine and I immediately obtained 17.8 MPG around town and 27 MPG on the highway. I installed a plastic change purse over the key fob to silence the key chain. It worked. I stopped by another dealer to complain about the ride. He installed new shocks on the front and it now rides almost acceptably. I only have 8000 miles on it.

Styling, stereo, brakes, and drive train.

Overall ride could be completely re-engineered. I think if they did just that and then reintroduce the car, it would be a Camry killer.

A Car to Consider
By senior citizen to be

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had to replace my 97 Camry. Owning all kinds of cars in the past (Lexus- Benz-Honda-Audi) this one made sense. Things I love: safety features (airbags all around, stability and traction control + the usual - ABS etc.), power (250 hp), transmission (smooth, gear stays on until red zone if you hit it), comfort (seats, rear A/C - heat fan, illuminated power switches, auto up/down window for driver & pass), optional features (front & REAR reading lights, huge trunk, good stereo), and highway gas mileage (28). Major gripe: If you want a sporty car this is not it. On straight road it is great. BUT smooshy on curves (just like a Buick). Minor stuff: City MPG could be better. Buy used not new.

Doubting Hyundai buyer
By JW

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

When you turn your car on, does your car turn you on? Mine does! The only problem I had was the position the highlights were reflecting on the road, but the dealership adjusted. This car is wonderful. From the sleek exterior design, the plush interior to the horse power under the hood. My husband forced me to test drive a Sonata, but when we went into the dealership and I saw this Azera I knew it was something special. Like other comments I've read, it's hard to believe there aren't more on the road.

Entire car from bumper to bumper.

Gas mileage, part of that is my fault!!

AWESOME AZERA
By Frank Duve

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in late 2006 & have been amazed at it's build quality & comfort. The driving position is perfect for a 6 footer. I use it daily for work in heavy Washington D.C. traffic & 54,000 miles have proven it's durability. It's a pleasure to drive.The Azera has features that others in it's class can't match.I get about 22 m.p.g. in the city, & 26-30 on the highway & this car is fast.

Build quality, comfort, durability, perfect engine & transmission, size & handling.The dealership is excellent. Probably the best of any car that I've owned.

The lighting stands improvement. The battery quit after about one year. The a/c compressor was replaced all under warranty.

A lot of car for the price I paid.
By Yifan

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Nobody thought I'd buy this car, including me, but I haven't regretted since. A lot of power for its curb weight. The other day, I had no problem keeping up with a Mazdaspeed 3 on the freeway going 90mph. Like some people say, you don't realize how fast you are going because the ride is very quiet and smooth. Of course, it also helps that Hyundai has such long warranties on it. Haven't had need to take it back to dealer yet though. Roomy interior and superb upholstery, though not leather, all the nice touches are there including the "fake" wood plastic finish. Large trunk. Exterior styling is ok, but not the best. But for a $23K car, it's not bad.

Acceleration, sports car feel on the freeway (due to the high torque output), roomy interior and excellent upholstery for a non-luxury car, large trunk, comfortable seats both front and back, excellent performance and value to price ratios.

I can make suggestions, but it would add to the cost. It's fine as is.