Used 2006 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Azera

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

2006 Azera LTD
By brantw

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 06 one owner Azera for my daughter. It had 93K miles but was well cared for. We have had the car for a year and the engine and interior are top notch. Highway mileage is 27 but in the city it is abysmal. The rear sunshade is a gimic and trouble prone. The car is solid and is a good value used as Hyundai's still don't hold their value as well as the Japanese cars but in my opinion are similar in quality.

Favorite Features

Solid and classy interior. Engine is smooth and quiet and the car is a rocket.

Suggested Improvements

The front suspension is a deal breaker if I was driving the car day in and day out. It is totally out of character for the rest of the car. The suspension is noisy and rough over bumps. Sounds like a plastic tennis ball can full of rocks. We had Quality Hyundai in Branford check the front suspension by the service tech that has worked on the car from the day it was bought at the dealership and everything checkout out fine. Many others have complained about this online as well. Make sure you give the car a long test drive before buying to see if you can live with this issue. Also I am 6' 2" and front legroom is lacking.

Great car!
By ofwgkta54

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first car that I got for my 15th birthday. It is a great car. I see lots of reviews mentioning the harshness of bumps. Honestly, I don't see the problem. It rides so smoothly. The interior is amazing. Very classy steering wheel, plus very comfortable on the hands. It's got a list of very cool features. The steering wheel leans back when the car is turned off as if to get out of the driver's way. Heated seats, electrically powered seat adjusting, sun roof, etc. There is even a mile counter counting down to an empty gas tank. Speaking of gas, this must be the only feature less than excellent. The gas mileage could be slightly better. All in all, it's a really great car!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, heated seats, mile counter, smooth riding, clean turning.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Best car for any age!
By mylefttoe808

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I left my Lexus is250 to my mom when i moved and she got me an azera. At first it was a bit of a downer. However this car is a much better fit now that im a father. Great family car and preformance is awesome. I understand the complaint about ride comfort. Get different tires. Thats all. Sumitomo HTR Z III are cheap and amazing tires. you can get them for under 500 bucks for all 4. The Azera is my favorite car overall.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, so much space. reliable

Suggested Improvements

better stock tires

Fuel Mileage
By tigger69

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews about the fuel mileage and don't seem to be getting the mileage in the 20's like people are reporting. In town I am getting 12 mpg I don't have a lead foot and don't do a lot of highway driving. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do to get better fuel mileage? Any idea as to what this "download" is that is mentioned in the review?

Favorite Features

I love the side mirrors that fold in and the sleek look of the car. She looks like a jaguar, but with a lot smaller price. Hyundai warranty is unbeatable. She is my third Hyundai. I am a Hyundai lover, from early 2000's to 2010. I believe they messed them up in 2011! Hopefully they will get back to what made them so great!!!

Great car
By Bertand Wilder

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car eright at a year and I have enjoyed driving it. For the price this is a great car. The harshness in how it takes bumps is my only complaint. I had Nitrogen put in my tires and the ride improved a lot. I really enjoy driving it and for the money you can't buy this kind of luxury.

Favorite Features

Memory seats

Suggested Improvements

Work on the ride so iit smoother.