2006 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
2006 Azera LTD
By brantw on 12/13/13 07:26 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 06 one owner Azera for my daughter. It had 93K miles but was well cared for. We have had the car for a year and the engine and interior are top notch. Highway mileage is 27 but in the city it is abysmal. The rear sunshade is a gimic and trouble prone. The car is solid and is a good value used as Hyundai's still don't hold their value as well as the Japanese cars but in my opinion are similar in quality.

Great car!
By ofwgkta54 on 03/29/12 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first car that I got for my 15th birthday. It is a great car. I see lots of reviews mentioning the harshness of bumps. Honestly, I don't see the problem. It rides so smoothly. The interior is amazing. Very classy steering wheel, plus very comfortable on the hands. It's got a list of very cool features. The steering wheel leans back when the car is turned off as if to get out of the driver's way. Heated seats, electrically powered seat adjusting, sun roof, etc. There is even a mile counter counting down to an empty gas tank. Speaking of gas, this must be the only feature less than excellent. The gas mileage could be slightly better. All in all, it's a really great car!

Best car for any age!
By mylefttoe808 on 08/27/11 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I left my Lexus is250 to my mom when i moved and she got me an azera. At first it was a bit of a downer. However this car is a much better fit now that im a father. Great family car and preformance is awesome. I understand the complaint about ride comfort. Get different tires. Thats all. Sumitomo HTR Z III are cheap and amazing tires. you can get them for under 500 bucks for all 4. The Azera is my favorite car overall.

Fuel Mileage
By tigger69 on 03/26/11 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have read the reviews about the fuel mileage and don't seem to be getting the mileage in the 20's like people are reporting. In town I am getting 12 mpg I don't have a lead foot and don't do a lot of highway driving. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do to get better fuel mileage? Any idea as to what this "download" is that is mentioned in the review?

Great car
By Bertand Wilder on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car eright at a year and I have enjoyed driving it. For the price this is a great car. The harshness in how it takes bumps is my only complaint. I had Nitrogen put in my tires and the ride improved a lot. I really enjoy driving it and for the money you can't buy this kind of luxury.

Great Car for the Money
By Zeus Charles on 08/17/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my car for 3 1/2 years. Got a great price. At 55,000 miles, I still have 5,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty. Thus far, all I have needed done is my lumbar support on the driver side. When I get into my car I still feel like its a fun, luxurious drive. My family, including my father, has had five Hyundais (2 Accents, 1 Elantra, 1 Sonata, and 1 Azera) since 2003. No regrets.

Enjoying it with reservations
By Rod on 08/09/10 00:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Azera SE 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Read all the reviews before buying it. could not get more than 14MPG, under any circumstances, hated that the key fob kept hitting the plastic dash and absolutely hated the ride. I was told to wait till I drove it a while before I can expect better gas mileage. At my first oil change, a young mechanic reinstalled the software that runs the engine and I immediately obtained 17.8 MPG around town and 27 MPG on the highway. I installed a plastic change purse over the key fob to silence the key chain. It worked. I stopped by another dealer to complain about the ride. He installed new shocks on the front and it now rides almost acceptably. I only have 8000 miles on it.

Great Car, Great Value
By lwilder on 03/06/10 21:31 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have own this car for a few months and have really fallen in love with it. The luxury and quality can not be beat for the price. It is very comfortable with plenty of leg room. This car is very responsive.

Phillys Finest
By Vic's Azera on 02/03/10 04:00 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I drive an 06 Azera Limited with Ultimate package. Mines is silver with black leather interior with an upgraded wood kit through out the vehicle. I love just about everything about my car.

Nice, no regrets
By Nick P. on 01/16/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have had mine for 3 1/2 years and love it. So far the only problem is a crack in the dashboard,which the dealer is replacing under the warranty. My brother bought the 2007 and his dashboard also cracked in the same place, on the passenger side where the airbag is located. Many owners complain about gas mileage but for its size 22mpg combined is not bad. I would highly recommend a Hyundai to anyone, its a good car and the company stands behind all of the models.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.