Used 2014 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

A lot of bang for your buck!!
By NewHyundaiLover

2014 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2014 Accent in October 2014. I got it on a year end sale, so I got extra money off the sticker price! I drove off paying a little over 16,000, and mine came with a lot of extra perks! I have fog lights, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, voice controls, cruise control, automatic lights, sat radio, just to name a few. I still own the car and I'm coming up to 44,000 miles on the odometer. Still haven't had any issues with it. Acceleration is excellent for a small engine. Tires wear evenly, and I'm still on my original set of tires. Interior is comfortable. Making long road trips is comfortable. Plenty of space for passengers. Handles turns on winding country roads with ease. Easy to park. My only disappointment with it are the cheap interior materials and the placement of the center console. The interior was collecting scratches within my first few months of ownership, and the center console is too close to the cup holders, so it sometimes gets in the way. Other than that, this car won't disappoint you if you want a dependable car for less than what you would pay for other brands. Oh, and I average 38 mpg.

Inexpensive, gorgeous looks with projector lamps, great economy.
By newaccent2007

2014 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2007 Hyundai Accent when I was single, and loved it. My wife needed a fuel efficient car for long drives to work every day. Given price, features, comfort, and looks, as well as a smidge of brand loyalty, we had narrowed it down to Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Accent. My wife saw the Accent GLS with the premium package at our local dealership, and fell in love with it. We bought it Nov. 4th, 2014. Since that date (5 months) we've put 10,000 miles on it. Seriously. No problems with it, tires still look new and even; so factory alignment is still sound. Now with temps warming up, it's surpassing its fuel economy ratings. We usually average 33-35mpg, but now we're seeing 40+.

Absolutely excellent fuel economy. Spunky engine, has good tone for a 4 cylinder. Automatic is a little lethargic off the line, but it shifts incredibly smooth, and downshifts pretty readily when power is needed for passing. Bluetooth connectivity is a nice feature for a car we paid just 15k for. The LED accented projector lens headlights are classy looking too! Finally, there's lots of room in the back seat for our two kids; enough so that they can literally grow up with this car.

Lumbar adjustment is the only thing missing that we genuinely would like to have. My wife has a herniated disk in her lower back, and adjustable lumbar would be welcome, though support is very good, being able to adjust it would be great.