2014 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2014 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Inexpensive, gorgeous looks with projector lamps, great economy.
By newaccent2007

2014 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2007 Hyundai Accent when I was single, and loved it. My wife needed a fuel efficient car for long drives to work every day. Given price, features, comfort, and looks, as well as a smidge of brand loyalty, we had narrowed it down to Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Accent. My wife saw the Accent GLS with the premium package at our local dealership, and fell in love with it. We bought it Nov. 4th, 2014. Since that date (5 months) we've put 10,000 miles on it. Seriously. No problems with it, tires still look new and even; so factory alignment is still sound. Now with temps warming up, it's surpassing its fuel economy ratings. We usually average 33-35mpg, but now we're seeing 40+.

Favorite Features

Absolutely excellent fuel economy. Spunky engine, has good tone for a 4 cylinder. Automatic is a little lethargic off the line, but it shifts incredibly smooth, and downshifts pretty readily when power is needed for passing. Bluetooth connectivity is a nice feature for a car we paid just 15k for. The LED accented projector lens headlights are classy looking too! Finally, there's lots of room in the back seat for our two kids; enough so that they can literally grow up with this car.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar adjustment is the only thing missing that we genuinely would like to have. My wife has a herniated disk in her lower back, and adjustable lumbar would be welcome, though support is very good, being able to adjust it would be great.

Comfortable Basic Car
By Paulette Lind Ryder

2014 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is a small, cheap car that looks nice, feels comfortable, and gets very good gas mileage. While a few very small improvements are in order, I would highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Very important to me is that the head rest turns backward, allowing me to sit up straight, rather than how most headrests push my head forward. Also, as a shorter person, the seat height adjustment allows me a good view. Front and back seats are equally very comfortable, and there is a surprising amount of legroom, even in back. It also has more cargo space than most cars of this size. When we keep the car running on the "eco" setting and don't use snow tires, we usually get between 32 and 42 miles per gallon, with it most often being 36 on our rural roads Love that this model was available in sky blue (pastels are rare today), and the exterior lines look very stylish.

Suggested Improvements

- automatic door lock is a pain; occasionally even auto-locks ALL doors when you get out, so you'd better have your key - rear seat belts go across neck unless semi-tall adult; unusable as is - radio does not display song/artist except in Sirius mode; display is large and bright (no dimmer - only on/off) - bad at night - Small gas tank means we're filling up as often as with a less gas-efficient car - is a bit slow going up hills on "eco" setting (not a big deal to me) - passenger seat does not have height adjustment - dashboard dots reflect on windshield - still wish they'd bring back the small triangular windows up front to direct wind to the front passengers