Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

good little car
By g.a.scalf

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my car for just over three years. When i bought it new it had only 6 miles on it, it now has 134,000. I have done my own maintenance on it. I have replaced the tires once. I have also replaced the battery. The sensor valve stems are fragile and break very easily and are expensive to replace. My current issues are a vibration sensor that sometimes comes on and then goes off without me having to do anything. The cruise control switch is acting up, but other than that it has been a good little car. My complaint would be the road noise while driving and the radio only going up to 32. You see when you can't hear the radio because of road noise so you turn it up, you are out of luck once you reach maximum and still can't really hear. Also, car companies, not including a spare is really a bad idea. Yea it saves them money, but if you have a blow out in the middle of no-where that inflator that they include will not work, so again you are out of luck. Incidentally, to buy a spare from the dealer was over $200 so i went to discount tire bought a full-sized universal rim and tire for $70. The best mileage I ever got was 56 hwy, (I even took a picture of it since no one would believe me) now after so many miles I get around 37 combined.I fear that hyundai should focus on the electrical more and resolve the issues there and include a full sized spare tire or at least a donut instead of the blow up kit. But i have complete faith in this little gem, after all 134000 miles in three years with no major breakdowns is good for any car company and testifies to the fact that if you perform regular preventive maintenance the vehicle should last. I would buy another Hyundai.

Great Little Car
By dcoo

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for price. I have a 2013 Accent SE. Gas mileage is great. Way better then the VW Beetle I had. Very roomy and truck is a good size.

I got mine fully loaded also with a sunroof. Wish it had a backup camera and navigation system.

Sunroof could be a little bigger. Wish it handled a little better in the snow. I spent almost $600 on new tires to help in the snow. It handles a little better but still is rough handling. Had a 2000 VW Beetle that was a beast in the snow.

incredible buy
By beths2

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had an idea of what kind of car I had wanted. I had been researching hatchbacks for 6-months already. A friend of mine bought the 2012 accent so I was already familiar with the car. The moment I walked on the lot a Hyundai of Escondido the sales man walked me to the selection they had. All I had to do was pick the color. Im a musician so I needed a car with plenty of trunk space that is easily accessible. The entire team at Esco Hyundai was above and beyond helpful with teaching me all the features and sat with me until I understood it all.

The drive was so smooth. Breaks are extremely soft. Being a hatchback theres always the concern of noise through the trunk door. Not in this car. Its extremely quiet inside. The blind-spot windows are nice and big which is great. Seats are extremely comfortable. More than enough leg room! The gas milage is a dream compared to the 20/25 I was getting before.

The side mirrors are a bit of an adjustment. Just be sure to check the rearview mirror and side mirror as well as blind spot thoroughly to accurately judge the distance of the cars around you.

Fantastic Car
By jconn1

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had 3 Toyotas, and have had a new 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for over 2 months.
I simply love it. Quality, reliability and styling match or exceed my previous cars.
Interior is very quiet, car is a blast to drive, and the styling is awesome.
I like small cars because of their handling and ease of parking.
I could afford a mid or full-size car, but why would I want one?
This car fits what I need and want, and is tops in its class on virtually all measures.
You cannot go wrong buying one.
You'll love it.

Styling, handling, quality, reliability, comfort, very quiet interior at high speeds, plenty of engine power, safety features, almost luxurious feel.

Getting very good MPGs, but not as good as claimed by manufacturer.

Unbelievably Great MPG!
By capisce

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this for 90 days/4,250 m. I researched small hatchbacks for weeks. MPG, crash test results, price, value of included features were all criteria. The kicker is the 136 hp in the 1.6 liter engine. All of the competitors had less output yet still could not beat the Accent's rated MPG or price. (OK, if you blow a few more Ks for a turbo Sonic, or Maza 3 or Fiesta you might get more ponies under the hood, but why)? I drive the 6 sp stick prudently--using cruise on the highway and staying within 7 mph of posted limits. Invariably I get 42 to 44 mpg. My city driving consistently gives 38 to 39 mpg. Phenomenal! FYI, I'm consciously coasting whenever feasible and avoiding jack-rabbit starts.

Build quality; reliability (this is my 3rd Hyundai/Kia bought new); ridiculously long warranty coverage; roadside assistance; comfortable seats & driving position. Oh, did I mention the phenomenal MPG? Rear seat appears to be tiny but is actually roomy enough for full-sized adults. OK, larger-than-average-sized adults. Steering wheel mounted controls for bluetooth, radio, cruise are amazing. Very comfortable ride. Great mix of performance/thrifty mileage once you get underway. Totally spoiled by quantity/quality of standard features. If you're tempted by competitors in this class make sure you compare apples2apples--meaning that standard features here are optional (if avail at all) on others

Performance: takeoff from a stop is so-so; I won't be drag racing this anytime soon. Makes me wonder how vulnerable drivers of under-powered Honda Fits/Ford Fiestas feel in traffic. Performance improves greatly by the time you're in 3rd/4th gear. Shifter gate takes getting used to when upshifting from 5th to 6th as it is too easy to inadvertently select 4th (which certainly gets your attention). Hate that it didn't come with spare/jack. This ran an add'l $300. No variety in interior color: you get black, period. Factory preloaded car with Premium package--$400 of marginally useful accessories that I would not have bought if I had a chance to decline. Info button on radio should be closer.