2013 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: First 2013 review! 44mpg highw

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

First 2013 review! 44mpg highway @ 80mph
By slow_jim on

2013 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

We test drove the Honda Fit and Kia Soul but neither got anywhere near the mpg of the Accent. I have a 40mi all-highway daily commute so I wanted something that was economical and comfortable. I typically do around 75-80 and use cruise control often. The Fit was buzzy on the highway (4000rpm) and materials quality was extremely cheap. The Kia was VERY quiet and comfortable on the highway but we just didn't need that much space. My wife has a 2010 Insight which is essentially a wagon, so for road trips or large loads we take her car. The Accent's 6th gear helps immensely with gas mileage. With cruise control set to 80mph and eco mode ON, I am averaging 44mpg hwy at a quiet 2500rpm. Very happy

10 year powertrain warranty, interior quality, looks, space, smooth quiet ride, price and standard features. Hyundai has come a long way! Even compared to the 2011 Accent these are great cars for the money. I paid $16,100+tax and title and that included floormats and ipod cable.

Eco mode can be scary, push down the throttle and nothing happens. I only use it on the highway when I don't need to pass anyone. Paint chips VERY easily. I had a paint chip on my door the day after I brought it home. Hopefully Hyundai will cover it under warranty but I'm not optimistic.