Great Vehicle with 1 real issue
By artco on
2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I love my new 2013 Accent, it drives very nicely, though I prefer not to use the ECO button as suggested by the dealer, it losses too much power and reaction. MPG I am avereging 28-30 overall. It appears that the MPH indicator is way off since I have kept track of every mile and fuel fillup, When I show 30 miles to empty I can only add just over 9 gallons? the vehicle has 11 gallon tank? so really instead of reading 30 miles till empty it should show 80-90? After going below 30 the reading blanks out. Another major gripe is the lack of a spare tire and would you believe it no dealer or third party currently carries one? So get a real flat and your going to regret it. I added autostart
Favorite Features
XM radio, Sporty interior and exterior. Overall look. By adding a Viper autostart now when I start the vehicle remotely the lights come on automatically, other wise you have to remember to turn them on at dusk.
Suggested Improvements
Put the spare tire back. Have an adjustable armrest so you can raise it to be more comfortable.
By scott9084
on 01/20/13 05:31 AM (PST)

I wonder why you're reporting a lower mpg than the other Accent owners. I am thinking about trading in my 12 year old Elantra. I am trying to justify the expense with my wife. With its 2.0 liter engine and 5 speed manual transmission, I measured my Elantra at 26.02 mpg recently. With a new Accent, I would upgrade from a timing belt to a timing chain (that's a special issue with me) and get to keep that wonderful 138 horsepower (same as the '01 Elantra) that compares well against all of its competition. Plus I would lose a couple hundred pounds in a nicer looking car. Maybe you're the only one being honest with your estimate. I think most people exaggerate what they get at the pump. It's just hard to justify a $13K purchase for 2 more mpg.

By realquiet
on 04/07/13 10:55 AM (PDT)

Commenting on your Fuel Light and MPG Range issues, I have also experienced this with my 2013 Accent. I believe that they did this on purpose so that you fill up rather than run out. Most cars have about 1 to 2 gallon left when the empty light comes on, I think this is their version of an empty light.

By lspeziale
on 10/22/13 15:10 PM (PDT)

You can get a spare tire and rim from the dealer. Also, the jack from the dealer, because the jack doesn't come with the car either. They can be ordered from the parts dept. I just bought a new 2013 Hyundai 5 door Hatchback, and love it, but would feel more secure with a regular spare and rim, so thats why I ordered it. By the way,mine has an adjustable arm rest...