Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

OK small car
By colby_butler

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car for about 2 weeks. Only had 10k miles on the odometer. I put about 1000 miles on the car. At first this vehicle did not impress me. This is by far the smallest cheapest car I have ever driven. However the highlights are the seats, the stereo, and shiftronic automatic. This car turned out to be quite comfortable even for a 4 hr drive. However I had a problem with this car. One day the turnsignals quit working. Checked everything and everything else works fine. I believe there may be a problem with the modulation control for the turnsignals in this model I had. In all this car seems like it would be a solid buy other then the one issue.

Favorite Features

Shiftronic automatic, stereo, seats

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more power while entering traffic or highways. A trunk opening option on the key fob.

Great little commuter / light traveler
By vivaster

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I spent many hours researching cars and test driving them, found this little Accent to be the most roomy, efficient new car you can buy for the money. My criteria was it had to be able to carry 2 adults and two car seats (2 kids). Zippy enough to take over the pass loaded. The trunk is roomy enough for weekend trips. I was able to get mine for $13,600 + fees for a base model. The manual transmission is very slick and the clutch is very light. Low wind noise on the freeway. Handling feels tight, but still soft over bumps.

Favorite Features

My car gets between 32mpg (75% city, 25% hwy) and 38-40 mpg (99% hwy). It's nice to have heated mirrors for this winter. Engine is a timing chain, less maintenance. Belts, hoses, tune-ups are easy to access and parts are inexpensive.

Suggested Improvements

Steering on the highway annoyingly wanders alot (tire pressure around 30psi helps). Cheap O.E.M. tires doesn't help with the wandering and road noise, although the road noise is better than other cars under $15K. Got a new full size spare wheel and tire from the tire store for $110, 21mm lug wrench + jack + jack wrench from wrecking yard for $25 and the bolt to hold the spare still in trunk from amazon for $15. Found a roof rack(Rola) for $230 to mount a cargo box for extended trips. Only option I wished I had was cruise control, but I won't need it for driving along the pacific coast. This car also needs more than one 12V power socket

Very pleased
By twiley

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Several years ago I swore that I would never own a Hyundai. We are very pleased with our decision to purchase the accent. At 10,000 miles so far, we've seen a low of 34mpg and a high of 43mpg, with 38-40mpg for our typically city driving. It's not fast, but it's nearly hybrid like economy for tens of thousands less and much more fun to drive. I'd have given perfect marks if it came with better tires and cruise control.

Favorite Features

Direct Injection 1.6l engine, good low end torque and fuel economy. Interior Exterior Value

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control Better tires

Horrible drivers seat!
By ccraig90

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My 2013 Accent has the most uncomfortable drivers seat I have had in 45 years. My husband has the 2008 Accent with lumbar support and I have no problem driving his. After only 30 minutes of driving mine I have a backache and headache. I have tried numerous fixes (pillows, lumbar screens, towels) and nothing has helped. I contacted Hyundai and I got a case number and was told to call my dealer. His recomendation was to but a new $1000 seat or trade up to an Elantra. (is he crazy?). This is our 7th Hyundai and we loved them. Why were the seats redesigned without the lumbar support? And why doesn't Hyundai offer me any suggestions?

Favorite Features

Milage is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Put lumbar supports in all seats.

Great small car
By davidd10

2013 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great small car that looks good and gets good gas mileage. Would highly recommends this for someone thats looking for nice power and mileage.

Favorite Features

Car is rated at 30/40 MPG's. and I am getting 38 MPG with a mixture of city and hwy and not easy driving.

Suggested Improvements

Need to come standard with curise control.