2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
incredible buy
By beths2 on 03/31/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had an idea of what kind of car I had wanted. I had been researching hatchbacks for 6-months already. A friend of mine bought the 2012 accent so I was already familiar with the car. The moment I walked on the lot a Hyundai of Escondido the sales man walked me to the selection they had. All I had to do was pick the color. Im a musician so I needed a car with plenty of trunk space that is easily accessible. The entire team at Esco Hyundai was above and beyond helpful with teaching me all the features and sat with me until I understood it all.

Fantastic Car
By jconn1 on 02/08/14 11:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had 3 Toyotas, and have had a new 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for over 2 months. I simply love it. Quality, reliability and styling match or exceed my previous cars. Interior is very quiet, car is a blast to drive, and the styling is awesome. I like small cars because of their handling and ease of parking. I could afford a mid or full-size car, but why would I want one? This car fits what I need and want, and is tops in its class on virtually all measures. You cannot go wrong buying one. You'll love it.

Unbelievably Great MPG!
By capisce on 07/02/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this for 90 days/4,250 m. I researched small hatchbacks for weeks. MPG, crash test results, price, value of included features were all criteria. The kicker is the 136 hp in the 1.6 liter engine. All of the competitors had less output yet still could not beat the Accent's rated MPG or price. (OK, if you blow a few more Ks for a turbo Sonic, or Maza 3 or Fiesta you might get more ponies under the hood, but why)? I drive the 6 sp stick prudently--using cruise on the highway and staying within 7 mph of posted limits. Invariably I get 42 to 44 mpg. My city driving consistently gives 38 to 39 mpg. Phenomenal! FYI, I'm consciously coasting whenever feasible and avoiding jack-rabbit starts.

Great Car, Fun to drive (SE)
By realquiet on 04/07/13 10:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I were looking for a commuter care (90% city/10% highway). With stop lights every mile to half-mile we are averaging 28 to 29mpg (w/o AC). This breaks even with my 06’ Civic (5-speed manual). As I am use to driving a manual, I do find that the automatic transmission could be more responsive and that the car shifts up a gear a little too early (to improve fuel economy). For example, this is annoying when traffic goes from 35-25-35: Civic (3rd-3rd-3rd) / Accent (4th-3rd-4th). While the 6-speed automatic has shorter gear ratios, I still feel like it is shifting too early and this causes the RPMs to spike and the car to pull forward more eagerly than anticipated.

Great Vehicle with 1 real issue
By artco on 10/10/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new 2013 Accent, it drives very nicely, though I prefer not to use the ECO button as suggested by the dealer, it losses too much power and reaction. MPG I am avereging 28-30 overall. It appears that the MPH indicator is way off since I have kept track of every mile and fuel fillup, When I show 30 miles to empty I can only add just over 9 gallons? the vehicle has 11 gallon tank? so really instead of reading 30 miles till empty it should show 80-90? After going below 30 the reading blanks out. Another major gripe is the lack of a spare tire and would you believe it no dealer or third party currently carries one? So get a real flat and your going to regret it. I added autostart

First 2013 review! 44mpg highway @ 80mph
By slow_jim on 08/28/12 07:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

We test drove the Honda Fit and Kia Soul but neither got anywhere near the mpg of the Accent. I have a 40mi all-highway daily commute so I wanted something that was economical and comfortable. I typically do around 75-80 and use cruise control often. The Fit was buzzy on the highway (4000rpm) and materials quality was extremely cheap. The Kia was VERY quiet and comfortable on the highway but we just didn't need that much space. My wife has a 2010 Insight which is essentially a wagon, so for road trips or large loads we take her car. The Accent's 6th gear helps immensely with gas mileage. With cruise control set to 80mph and eco mode ON, I am averaging 44mpg hwy at a quiet 2500rpm. Very happy

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback in VA is:

$166 per month*