Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Get rid of it before the warranty runs!!!!!
By JJ

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

The car was decent to drive when it worked and then it turned out to be the worst car I have ever owned. I thought I was getting a reliable vehicle and ended up getting a vehicle that lasted just past 101K. I have owned at least four other vehicles and all of them have lasted for years and made it to at least 200,000. In fact I have never had a motor go out on a single one of them except my crappy Hyundai. I well never buy another Hyundai.

Great Little Car
By dcoo

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for price. I have a 2013 Accent SE. Gas mileage is great. Way better then the VW Beetle I had. Very roomy and truck is a good size.

I got mine fully loaded also with a sunroof. Wish it had a backup camera and navigation system.

Sunroof could be a little bigger. Wish it handled a little better in the snow. I spent almost $600 on new tires to help in the snow. It handles a little better but still is rough handling. Had a 2000 VW Beetle that was a beast in the snow.

incredible buy
By beths2

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had an idea of what kind of car I had wanted. I had been researching hatchbacks for 6-months already. A friend of mine bought the 2012 accent so I was already familiar with the car. The moment I walked on the lot a Hyundai of Escondido the sales man walked me to the selection they had. All I had to do was pick the color. Im a musician so I needed a car with plenty of trunk space that is easily accessible. The entire team at Esco Hyundai was above and beyond helpful with teaching me all the features and sat with me until I understood it all.

The drive was so smooth. Breaks are extremely soft. Being a hatchback theres always the concern of noise through the trunk door. Not in this car. Its extremely quiet inside. The blind-spot windows are nice and big which is great. Seats are extremely comfortable. More than enough leg room! The gas milage is a dream compared to the 20/25 I was getting before.

The side mirrors are a bit of an adjustment. Just be sure to check the rearview mirror and side mirror as well as blind spot thoroughly to accurately judge the distance of the cars around you.

Fantastic Car
By jconn1

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had 3 Toyotas, and have had a new 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for over 2 months. I simply love it. Quality, reliability and styling match or exceed my previous cars. Interior is very quiet, car is a blast to drive, and the styling is awesome. I like small cars because of their handling and ease of parking. I could afford a mid or full-size car, but why would I want one? This car fits what I need and want, and is tops in its class on virtually all measures. You cannot go wrong buying one. You'll love it.

Styling, handling, quality, reliability, comfort, very quiet interior at high speeds, plenty of engine power, safety features, almost luxurious feel.

Getting very good MPGs, but not as good as claimed by manufacturer.

OK small car
By colby_butler

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car for about 2 weeks. Only had 10k miles on the odometer. I put about 1000 miles on the car. At first this vehicle did not impress me. This is by far the smallest cheapest car I have ever driven. However the highlights are the seats, the stereo, and shiftronic automatic. This car turned out to be quite comfortable even for a 4 hr drive. However I had a problem with this car. One day the turnsignals quit working. Checked everything and everything else works fine. I believe there may be a problem with the modulation control for the turnsignals in this model I had. In all this car seems like it would be a solid buy other then the one issue.

Shiftronic automatic, stereo, seats

Could use a little more power while entering traffic or highways. A trunk opening option on the key fob.