Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great Little Car
By dcoo

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for price. I have a 2013 Accent SE. Gas mileage is great. Way better then the VW Beetle I had. Very roomy and truck is a good size.

Favorite Features

I got mine fully loaded also with a sunroof. Wish it had a backup camera and navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof could be a little bigger. Wish it handled a little better in the snow. I spent almost $600 on new tires to help in the snow. It handles a little better but still is rough handling. Had a 2000 VW Beetle that was a beast in the snow.

incredible buy
By beths2

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had an idea of what kind of car I had wanted. I had been researching hatchbacks for 6-months already. A friend of mine bought the 2012 accent so I was already familiar with the car. The moment I walked on the lot a Hyundai of Escondido the sales man walked me to the selection they had. All I had to do was pick the color. Im a musician so I needed a car with plenty of trunk space that is easily accessible. The entire team at Esco Hyundai was above and beyond helpful with teaching me all the features and sat with me until I understood it all.

Favorite Features

The drive was so smooth. Breaks are extremely soft. Being a hatchback theres always the concern of noise through the trunk door. Not in this car. Its extremely quiet inside. The blind-spot windows are nice and big which is great. Seats are extremely comfortable. More than enough leg room! The gas milage is a dream compared to the 20/25 I was getting before.

Suggested Improvements

The side mirrors are a bit of an adjustment. Just be sure to check the rearview mirror and side mirror as well as blind spot thoroughly to accurately judge the distance of the cars around you.

Fantastic Car
By jconn1

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had 3 Toyotas, and have had a new 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for over 2 months. I simply love it. Quality, reliability and styling match or exceed my previous cars. Interior is very quiet, car is a blast to drive, and the styling is awesome. I like small cars because of their handling and ease of parking. I could afford a mid or full-size car, but why would I want one? This car fits what I need and want, and is tops in its class on virtually all measures. You cannot go wrong buying one. You'll love it.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, quality, reliability, comfort, very quiet interior at high speeds, plenty of engine power, safety features, almost luxurious feel.

Suggested Improvements

Getting very good MPGs, but not as good as claimed by manufacturer.

OK small car
By colby_butler

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car for about 2 weeks. Only had 10k miles on the odometer. I put about 1000 miles on the car. At first this vehicle did not impress me. This is by far the smallest cheapest car I have ever driven. However the highlights are the seats, the stereo, and shiftronic automatic. This car turned out to be quite comfortable even for a 4 hr drive. However I had a problem with this car. One day the turnsignals quit working. Checked everything and everything else works fine. I believe there may be a problem with the modulation control for the turnsignals in this model I had. In all this car seems like it would be a solid buy other then the one issue.

Favorite Features

Shiftronic automatic, stereo, seats

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more power while entering traffic or highways. A trunk opening option on the key fob.

Unbelievably Great MPG!
By capisce

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this for 90 days/4,250 m. I researched small hatchbacks for weeks. MPG, crash test results, price, value of included features were all criteria. The kicker is the 136 hp in the 1.6 liter engine. All of the competitors had less output yet still could not beat the Accent's rated MPG or price. (OK, if you blow a few more Ks for a turbo Sonic, or Maza 3 or Fiesta you might get more ponies under the hood, but why)? I drive the 6 sp stick prudently--using cruise on the highway and staying within 7 mph of posted limits. Invariably I get 42 to 44 mpg. My city driving consistently gives 38 to 39 mpg. Phenomenal! FYI, I'm consciously coasting whenever feasible and avoiding jack-rabbit starts.

Favorite Features

Build quality; reliability (this is my 3rd Hyundai/Kia bought new); ridiculously long warranty coverage; roadside assistance; comfortable seats & driving position. Oh, did I mention the phenomenal MPG? Rear seat appears to be tiny but is actually roomy enough for full-sized adults. OK, larger-than-average-sized adults. Steering wheel mounted controls for bluetooth, radio, cruise are amazing. Very comfortable ride. Great mix of performance/thrifty mileage once you get underway. Totally spoiled by quantity/quality of standard features. If you're tempted by competitors in this class make sure you compare apples2apples--meaning that standard features here are optional (if avail at all) on others

Suggested Improvements

Performance: takeoff from a stop is so-so; I won't be drag racing this anytime soon. Makes me wonder how vulnerable drivers of under-powered Honda Fits/Ford Fiestas feel in traffic. Performance improves greatly by the time you're in 3rd/4th gear. Shifter gate takes getting used to when upshifting from 5th to 6th as it is too easy to inadvertently select 4th (which certainly gets your attention). Hate that it didn't come with spare/jack. This ran an add'l $300. No variety in interior color: you get black, period. Factory preloaded car with Premium package--$400 of marginally useful accessories that I would not have bought if I had a chance to decline. Info button on radio should be closer.