2013 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
incredible buy
By beths2 on 03/31/14 11:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had an idea of what kind of car I had wanted. I had been researching hatchbacks for 6-months already. A friend of mine bought the 2012 accent so I was already familiar with the car. The moment I walked on the lot a Hyundai of Escondido the sales man walked me to the selection they had. All I had to do was pick the color. Im a musician so I needed a car with plenty of trunk space that is easily accessible. The entire team at Esco Hyundai was above and beyond helpful with teaching me all the features and sat with me until I understood it all.

Fantastic Car
By jconn1 on 02/08/14 11:04 AM (PST)

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had 3 Toyotas, and have had a new 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback for over 2 months. I simply love it. Quality, reliability and styling match or exceed my previous cars. Interior is very quiet, car is a blast to drive, and the styling is awesome. I like small cars because of their handling and ease of parking. I could afford a mid or full-size car, but why would I want one? This car fits what I need and want, and is tops in its class on virtually all measures. You cannot go wrong buying one. You'll love it.

OK small car
By colby_butler on 09/12/13 05:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car for about 2 weeks. Only had 10k miles on the odometer. I put about 1000 miles on the car. At first this vehicle did not impress me. This is by far the smallest cheapest car I have ever driven. However the highlights are the seats, the stereo, and shiftronic automatic. This car turned out to be quite comfortable even for a 4 hr drive. However I had a problem with this car. One day the turnsignals quit working. Checked everything and everything else works fine. I believe there may be a problem with the modulation control for the turnsignals in this model I had. In all this car seems like it would be a solid buy other then the one issue.

Unbelievably Great MPG!
By capisce on 07/02/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this for 90 days/4,250 m. I researched small hatchbacks for weeks. MPG, crash test results, price, value of included features were all criteria. The kicker is the 136 hp in the 1.6 liter engine. All of the competitors had less output yet still could not beat the Accent's rated MPG or price. (OK, if you blow a few more Ks for a turbo Sonic, or Maza 3 or Fiesta you might get more ponies under the hood, but why)? I drive the 6 sp stick prudently--using cruise on the highway and staying within 7 mph of posted limits. Invariably I get 42 to 44 mpg. My city driving consistently gives 38 to 39 mpg. Phenomenal! FYI, I'm consciously coasting whenever feasible and avoiding jack-rabbit starts.

Great little commuter / light traveler
By vivaster on 05/21/13 23:41 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I spent many hours researching cars and test driving them, found this little Accent to be the most roomy, efficient new car you can buy for the money. My criteria was it had to be able to carry 2 adults and two car seats (2 kids). Zippy enough to take over the pass loaded. The trunk is roomy enough for weekend trips. I was able to get mine for $13,600 + fees for a base model. The manual transmission is very slick and the clutch is very light. Low wind noise on the freeway. Handling feels tight, but still soft over bumps.

Great Car, Fun to drive (SE)
By realquiet on 04/07/13 10:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I were looking for a commuter care (90% city/10% highway). With stop lights every mile to half-mile we are averaging 28 to 29mpg (w/o AC). This breaks even with my 06’ Civic (5-speed manual). As I am use to driving a manual, I do find that the automatic transmission could be more responsive and that the car shifts up a gear a little too early (to improve fuel economy). For example, this is annoying when traffic goes from 35-25-35: Civic (3rd-3rd-3rd) / Accent (4th-3rd-4th). While the 6-speed automatic has shorter gear ratios, I still feel like it is shifting too early and this causes the RPMs to spike and the car to pull forward more eagerly than anticipated.

Great Vehicle with 1 real issue
By artco on 10/10/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new 2013 Accent, it drives very nicely, though I prefer not to use the ECO button as suggested by the dealer, it losses too much power and reaction. MPG I am avereging 28-30 overall. It appears that the MPH indicator is way off since I have kept track of every mile and fuel fillup, When I show 30 miles to empty I can only add just over 9 gallons? the vehicle has 11 gallon tank? so really instead of reading 30 miles till empty it should show 80-90? After going below 30 the reading blanks out. Another major gripe is the lack of a spare tire and would you believe it no dealer or third party currently carries one? So get a real flat and your going to regret it. I added autostart

Very pleased
By twiley on 09/23/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Several years ago I swore that I would never own a Hyundai. We are very pleased with our decision to purchase the accent. At 10,000 miles so far, we've seen a low of 34mpg and a high of 43mpg, with 38-40mpg for our typically city driving. It's not fast, but it's nearly hybrid like economy for tens of thousands less and much more fun to drive. I'd have given perfect marks if it came with better tires and cruise control.

Horrible drivers seat!
By ccraig90 on 08/31/12 10:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

My 2013 Accent has the most uncomfortable drivers seat I have had in 45 years. My husband has the 2008 Accent with lumbar support and I have no problem driving his. After only 30 minutes of driving mine I have a backache and headache. I have tried numerous fixes (pillows, lumbar screens, towels) and nothing has helped. I contacted Hyundai and I got a case number and was told to call my dealer. His recomendation was to but a new $1000 seat or trade up to an Elantra. (is he crazy?). This is our 7th Hyundai and we loved them. Why were the seats redesigned without the lumbar support? And why doesn't Hyundai offer me any suggestions?

First 2013 review! 44mpg highway @ 80mph
By slow_jim on 08/28/12 07:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

We test drove the Honda Fit and Kia Soul but neither got anywhere near the mpg of the Accent. I have a 40mi all-highway daily commute so I wanted something that was economical and comfortable. I typically do around 75-80 and use cruise control often. The Fit was buzzy on the highway (4000rpm) and materials quality was extremely cheap. The Kia was VERY quiet and comfortable on the highway but we just didn't need that much space. My wife has a 2010 Insight which is essentially a wagon, so for road trips or large loads we take her car. The Accent's 6th gear helps immensely with gas mileage. With cruise control set to 80mph and eco mode ON, I am averaging 44mpg hwy at a quiet 2500rpm. Very happy