Used 2013 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2013 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

almost 100K miles in just over 3 years
By Idrivelongtimee

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

First - I'm really big guy, 6'5" and 250 lbs so I get laughed at when I fold in half to get in/out of my accent.

Second - I just passed 92K miles in 38 months (bought it new), and drive 325 miles straight about once a week.

This is a good, very reliable, cheap to operate little car. No bueno when there is more than a few inchees of snow, but you can't expect much. I get about 36 MPH on the interstate doing 85-90 mph. I can get about 42 mph around town if I'm driving like a grandma (mine is a stick shift).

Only problems we had was when my son hit a raccoon with it and just about totalled the car....took out the entire front end and did almost $6K in damage, for A RACCOON!!! Oh well, it got fixed and it's been great ever since.

Worst issue I have had with the car is that it's RED, and wifey wanted BLUE. But the dealership, even after 3 months, couldn't find us a blue one. Hyundai needs to fix this; if I want to order a blue one, i should get a blue one.

Anyway, great car.

antique driver of newer cars
By David Bucke

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

ANDIGO
By Mio

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

It is roomier inside than you would think.

The horn is meagre but you can work with it. The car has good pickup great mileage

By Jerome

2013 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

love this little car, almost as much as my old 1981chevette ! I frequently drive 300 miles at a time with one tank of gas, and no backache! Handles very well, although it bounces around at times; still the traction has been there when I needed it. Fantastic mileage!

good little car
By g.a.scalf

2013 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my car for just over three years. When i bought it new it had only 6 miles on it, it now has 134,000. I have done my own maintenance on it. I have replaced the tires once. I have also replaced the battery. The sensor valve stems are fragile and break very easily and are expensive to replace. My current issues are a vibration sensor that sometimes comes on and then goes off without me having to do anything. The cruise control switch is acting up, but other than that it has been a good little car. My complaint would be the road noise while driving and the radio only going up to 32. You see when you can't hear the radio because of road noise so you turn it up, you are out of luck once you reach maximum and still can't really hear. Also, car companies, not including a spare is really a bad idea. Yea it saves them money, but if you have a blow out in the middle of no-where that inflator that they include will not work, so again you are out of luck. Incidentally, to buy a spare from the dealer was over $200 so i went to discount tire bought a full-sized universal rim and tire for $70. The best mileage I ever got was 56 hwy, (I even took a picture of it since no one would believe me) now after so many miles I get around 37 combined.I fear that hyundai should focus on the electrical more and resolve the issues there and include a full sized spare tire or at least a donut instead of the blow up kit. But i have complete faith in this little gem, after all 134000 miles in three years with no major breakdowns is good for any car company and testifies to the fact that if you perform regular preventive maintenance the vehicle should last. I would buy another Hyundai.