Texas Guy in Maryland
By vykerdse on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
Due to economy had to sell my new 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 coupe. Got $21,500 (best value from Orisman Hyundai). I needed cash for family, and a car, so I checked price on Elantra and Accent. After price of new 2012 Hyundai Accent with all features, taxes, fee's, etc... I made a few thousand. Bought my car Monday October 17th 2011 and so far it does not seem to be like the 'old' Hyundai's from the 1980's early 90's. Good safety features, excellent warranty, decent styling, and strong engine made me giving up my Honda a little less painful. I checked the Honda Civic's/Fit's, but the dealer would not give me as much for my Honda...and would not budge on his 2012 car price. Oh well...
Favorite Features
After driving this car...it makes you forget you are in a (Sub-Compact/Compact) car class somewhat. The trip computer is good, decent noise insulation from driving, satellite radio, split 60/40 rear bench seat. All pluses in my book. You get several features for the price of the car (in my instance...I walked out the door at $16,750). Parking is a little easier...but it is smaller, and the gas MPG has been pretty good so far. I am still within the first month of owning...so I will see how that goes.
Suggested Improvements
For the price you pay, and the features you get, it is hard to say what for improvements you would want. If leather seats are top priority, or you need a DVD to watch while driving...there are several cars/SUV's that can do that other than Hyundai. I however, just wanted dependable, safe, efficient transportation to drive me to work and support my family. (I have a old 4x4 truck for snow/bad weather) All other times though I drive the Hyundai. I was a little sad giving up my Honda (liked it, and the loss of money on the trade was not fun), but you have to step up and be an adult and and look at the big picture. I just needed cash for my family and a car to use that was good.
By gabrielr1
on 11/10/11 22:38 PM (PST)

How much did you pay for it? I'm looking at purchasing one.