I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues.
After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic.
Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed.
Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.
- Eco mode is great to assist in fuel consumption management
- Canadian version includes a spare tire :)
- Trip computer, including distance to empty, 2 trip odometers, avg. consumption, and others
- Large trunk space
- Good rear seat room for this class
- Well equipped all round(including entertainment, comfort, safety) for the price
- I love the exterior design
- The iPod interface is mediocre.
It will play your songs, no audio quality issues, but often changes your playlist order, reverts to sort by title/artist, etc.
- Door armrest padding would be nice.
It's could be worse, but not very good.
- A cup holder or two in the back seat wouldn't go amiss
- Better use of space to create more storage compartments in the front seat area.
Toyota is very good at this.