Not Happy with my Hyundai Accent
By 75caddie on
2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I bought mine in 2011. One of the first models. I liked the looks inside and out. So I bought it. After owning it for 2 1/2 years I will say that I hate this car. I read previous reviews and would like to let them know that they are not alone. They brought up the same complaints that I had.Poor rear visibility. If this car comes with a rear wiper for a reason.LCD display. (see previous poster) Cheap tires. Do not buy one with the cheap tires.They suck. No spare tire. I swear to God and all that is Holy that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever made. Driving in snowstorms or on slushy roads. Forget it. If you are not used to snowy/slippery roads, just pull over and hope you live.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the warranty. Hyundai Motors knows their products are not what was advertised. That is why I you get an Hyundai MPG rewards card. If you own an Hyundai make sure you get your money from the false MPG that was promised when you purchased you're auto. The dealership where I purchased mine was top notch. I wen't there Thursday 3/6/14 for an state inspection sticker, informed my dealer rep. about the abnormal wear and tear on the drivers seat, and to my suprise I will get a brand new seat next week. Will post back when they keep their word.
Suggested Improvements
I wanted an manual transmission. When I purchased mine they were available but hard to find. This car would be a fun and safer car if it had one. The automatic six speed computer controlled transmission is an shame on Hyundai.