2012 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: NO SPARE TIRE!!! SURPRISE!!!AS

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

NO SPARE TIRE!!! SURPRISE!!!ASK DEALER to PROVIDE!!!
By rajthaker on

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was absolutely surprised 3 days after purchasing that the ACCENT does not come with spare tire!!! I was not told by salesman!!! Before purchasing, I looked at the truck which was covered with the rubber tray inside. Never thought of any car without spare tire??? How did this car passed JD power associates, Consumer affairs, National Highway Safety and other Federal regulations without SPARE tire??? There should be a NATIONAL recall and every owner should be provided now with 1) Spare tire, 2) Jack and 3) wrench for spare tire replacement and space in the trunk organized. Seriously recall must be there!!!

There should be a NATIONAL recall and every ACCENT owner should be provided now with 1) Spare tire, 2) Jack and 3) wrench for spare tire replacement and space in the trunk organized to hold all these secured in the trunk. Seriously recall must be there!!!
By ejauhunter
on 12/07/11 17:20 PM (PST)

ya know, I found that the Kia Rio 5 2012 also does not have a spare and at that point it was a deal breaker for me. cute car but I was constantly bumping my elbow into the sales person in the passenger seat and he was not a big guy. I like the styling but the road noise was too much for a long trip

By jchasp59
on 03/01/12 19:07 PM (PST)

My Fiat 500 (lemon) didn't come with a spare, either. Instead, it comes with 'tire inflation kit', i.e., a bottle of 'goo' and an inflator. No help if the tire is badly damaged. You can order a spare tire. A $250 option if ordered on the car, but more expensive if ordered from the dealer!

By gahiker40
on 12/17/11 11:23 AM (PST)

Edmunds has an article about this. Neither the Elantra nor the Accent come with a spare tire. Hyundai is saving about $25 per car by leaving out the spare.....a spare kit is available for $280. You would think this would be mentioned in the review.