My first foreign car
By skydog1964 on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
The professional review I read stated that the car was sedate for driving. well don't be put off by that because it couldn't be further from the truth. I am 47 yrs old and have owned a lot of cars. This car is the total package for someone looking to save money on gasoline without sacrificing power, looks, comfort, and driveability. To be clear I have the 2012 accent gls sedan, not the hatchback. I test drove the fiesta first and lemme tell you, it doesn't touch this car in the performance department.
Favorite Features
I love the sporty combo transmission that lets you play stick shift without a clutch but doesnt allow you to be stupid. I find the automatic does a superb job shifting when it should anyway through all the speed ranges and at high speeds as well. I drive mine like I stole it and it is just awesome. The gas mileage is ok, but unless your cruising the expressway your not going to get anything close to 40 mpg. Still cant complain I spend around 30.00 to fill it 9 gal or so and I get 230 - 250 miles before I fill again city driving.
Suggested Improvements
The most aggravating thing about this car is the door locks. You can only open from the drivers side, so if you have a significant other you'll be double walking to yours and her side to open the door for her. The high beam activation gets tripped by me constantly because it is near the turn signal arm and is very sensitive to push forward, perhaps if they put a stronger spring in there would help. Lastly the silver plastic trim around steering and panels is easily scratched. My first dealer oil change brought me a mark and I didnt see it till a few days later. Don't let any of that put you off, go buy one you won't be dissapointed.