No Spare Tire, Give me a break.
By gilb on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
After we got a flat about 100 miles from home, late at night, I discovered that the car didn't come with a spare tire or donut. Spent a fun filled night at a motel dive waiting for the tire store to open the next morning. I'd like to know who the genius is at Hyundai that made the decision that a spare tire shouldn't be a standard item in their vehicles. This should be illegal. At least I now know what type of car I won't be buying next time.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Include a spare tire. The engine is also noisy when in ECO mode during acceleration.
By pielev09
on 06/24/12 19:47 PM (PDT)

I am the new owner of a 2012 Accent Hathback acquired on April 4 2012. In Canada the 2012 Accent comes equipped with a spare tire (donut) and a jack and all necessary tools I am surprised to learn that in the US you are not provided with a spare tire. I do up to 45 MPG on the roads with speed limit of 60MPH Previously I had a 2010 Prius, and I looked at the Prius C and I decided to go with the Accent 2012 on which I have installed Michelin Defenders (top green tires on the market) the ride is smoother that with the Hancook tires provided as oem. Consumer reports suggests to look at the 2012 Accent because it is not recommended the Prius C because of the pour quality of the interior finish. I have been driving Prius 2008,2009 and 2010. Now I have a car which I need not to restart after 2 weeks when parking at the airport to keep the hybrid sytem activea.

By pielev09
on 06/24/12 19:54 PM (PDT)

I also find the interior withe better fabrics thant the Prius C