I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues.
After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic.
Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed.
Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.
- Eco mode is great to assist in fuel consumption management
- Canadian version includes a spare tire :)
- Trip computer, including distance to empty, 2 trip odometers, avg. consumption, and others
- Large trunk space
- Good rear seat room for this class
- Well equipped all round(including entertainment, comfort, safety) for the price
- I love the exterior design
- The iPod interface is mediocre.
It will play your songs, no audio quality issues, but often changes your playlist order, reverts to sort by title/artist, etc.
- Door armrest padding would be nice.
It's could be worse, but not very good.
- A cup holder or two in the back seat wouldn't go amiss
- Better use of space to create more storage compartments in the front seat area.
Toyota is very good at this.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.