Solid, Reliable, Excellent Drive
By canada_bc on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues. After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic. Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed. Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.
Favorite Features
- Eco mode is great to assist in fuel consumption management - Canadian version includes a spare tire :) - Trip computer, including distance to empty, 2 trip odometers, avg. consumption, and others - Large trunk space - Good rear seat room for this class - Well equipped all round(including entertainment, comfort, safety) for the price - I love the exterior design
Suggested Improvements
- The iPod interface is mediocre. It will play your songs, no audio quality issues, but often changes your playlist order, reverts to sort by title/artist, etc. - Door armrest padding would be nice. It's could be worse, but not very good. - A cup holder or two in the back seat wouldn't go amiss - Better use of space to create more storage compartments in the front seat area. Toyota is very good at this.