Great looks and great value!
By rlfeen on
2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I have owned this car for about a year and a half ~36k. I loved the way the new Hyundais looked and I decided on the Accent. I got a silver SE trim. I love black interior, fog lights and rims. MPG's aren't that great for such a small car. AVG is 27/36 This is a great handling car. Engine is a bit noisy, however it is very responsive and you can really get up and go when needed. Drove this thing from Maryland to California and it did great. After about 10k I drove through a pretty deep puddle during a hurricane and the engine was damaged (my fault 100%). I ended up having to replace the engine. Hyundai wouldn't cover it because it was "water damaged," but my insurance did cover it.
Favorite Features
Interior is beautiful, however it can feel cramped if someone is behind you. (I am a big guy 6' 280 lbs). Exterior is gorgeous. Headlights are beautiful, as well as lines on the car. Good quality. It definitely feels like an Asian car; it's light. But you get a nice solid "thunk" when you close ALL doors. Very smooth ride except over bumps, (i.e. city driving). Highway is fine and has plenty of power to pass.
Suggested Improvements
Big blind spot. Display is SO BRIGHT at night. There is a display button to turn it off but whenever you hit any radio button or even turn the volume up, it comes right back on. Front bumper has a lot of chips in it. The paint durability on the bumper is disappointing on such a newer car. Rest of the paint is good, however. (I have a detailing business on the side and I take really good care of my cars). My Mom's Elantra does the same thing. I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber and the bumper doesn't do this?