5 of 5 people found this review helpful
By kles on
2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my Accent SE about a month ago and have put 1000+ miles on it, and still love driving it! Other cars I test-drove first:
--Honda Fit--Had better visibility and cargo space, with cool fold up/down seats; but no Bluetooth , more expensive, and virtually unavailable for months)
--Ford Fiesta was nice looking and cheap, with great Bluetooth for wireless phone and music. But a miniscule back seat and cargo area--doubt it would have fit the carseat with my 4 yr old actually in it, let alone a full-sized person. Also, poor visibility--felt like I had to crane my neck to see out left driver's front window & right rear window. Poor visibility out back d/t small window & huge headrests.
1. Fuel economy
2. Fun and effective driving. I love to get in my car every day and commute (!)
3. Looks nice, in and out
4. Bluetooth phone--very handy feature!
5. Much better space in back seat and hatchback cargo area than the Fiesta; cargo space is very decent--fit a lawn mower in the back.
6. Comfortable seating, at least in front--I haven't ridden in the back yet :)
7. Visibility is fine all around; back window's a bit small, but has smallish headrests that can be removed if not needed.
8. Cruise control works great, even on big hills.
Very few complaints--Would be GREAT to have Bluetooth wireless music/iPod playing, in addition to Bluetooth phone capability. Sometimes the accelerator isn't as responsive as I'd like going up ramp to freeway, have to punch it a bit. Not sure if that's because I use the ECO drive mode.
You know the Accent -does- have support for bluetooth music streaming, right? I use it in mine all the time! I don't think there's a button for "Phone" mode on the console, but if you use the "Mode" button on the steering wheel, you can switch to your phone if it's connected.