2012 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Gas Mileage Ratings not even c

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Gas Mileage Ratings not even close!!
By winvid33 on

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car for the most part is what it is advertised. A cute reliable fun to drive car. My biggest qualm is the gas mileage. I drive my car mixed between highway and city. Their sticker says 30 for city, and 33 mixed. I average 28MPG. I have tried both the active eco mode and standard mode, and actually if I drive it easy in normal mode, do just as good as ECO. Plus, in my opinion, the active ECO mode is actually dangerous to use. I have had Fords that have been dead on as far as the EPA estimates are concerned. They should change their sticker to better reflect the actual fuel economy! Especially since this is the exact reason people buy this vehicle.

Favorite Features

In the base models there are no real extra features, which is fine for me. For a car rated as a sub compact, it has a surprising amount of room inside.

Suggested Improvements

More realistic EPA rating. Cruise control in the base models. Locks on both front doors would help, especially on base models without remote locks.
By jchasp59
on 03/01/12 18:53 PM (PST)

I have owned three Hyundais, and though they met their highway EPA estimates for pure highway driving, they all fell very short of their city estimates, even during mixed driving (60% hwy/40% city). I'm a very conservative driver. Have read other reviews on other sites that state this about the Elantra and Sonata, as well. Thanks for your info. I don't know how Hyundai gets away with this!