BE AWARE!!!
By deniserodrigue on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
While driving in a 25 mph school zone, my steering wheel locked making it impossible to control my car on a curvy road after having just made a right turn, as I begun to pick up speed, my steering wheel remained in the position placed in order to follow the curve, locking immediately after. My initial reaction was to try unlocking the steering, but it didn't budge; I hit about 3 concrete median blocks, before drifting into an uneven field of grass; luckily, there was a sewage manhole jolting out from the ground managing to slow down my car before I was able to pull the emergency break. If this would've occurred in high traffic, there could've been several casualties, including my own.
By aplcr
on 04/18/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

You should not rate a car low because you failed to use the BRAKES. Your first thought was to steer but when that did not work you continued on through THREE(!?) concrete blocks and a manhole? Why in the heck did you keep your foot on the gas pedal? There is no way physically possible for you, at 25MPH, to go through 3 blocks of concrete. It finally occured to you to use the emergency brake? But not the brake pedal? This sounds exactly like those fishy Toyota "problems" where people kept hitting the gas instead of the brake and calling it "sudden" acceleration. Yeah right.

By aplcr
on 04/18/12 09:46 AM (PDT)