Almost Perfect
By akaur on
2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
Very impressed with this car. No other hatchbacks come close to the new Accent with regards to fuel economy and warranty. Responsive handling and enough pep that I feel confident entering the freeways. The interior is roomy and quiet, the A/C works great on even the lowest two settings, and that's saying a lot in Phoenix summer heat! I only averaged 34 MPG until I filled up at Chevron, then my MPG jumped to 36-37 mixed and 41 highway. I'm not a schill for Chevron and don't work for them, but that's the only gas I'll use now.
Favorite Features
Best headlights of any car I've ever had. Great A/C Comfortable seats Simple, logical dashboard and controls Large side mirrors Lots of little convenience features like electric mirror controls and mirrors on the visors.
Suggested Improvements
Poor rear visibility. Blind spot on the rear right corner and small rear window. Needs a rear gate that opens down flat to make it easier to get large, bulky items into and out of the car. Back seats that fold down completely flat like they do in the Honda Fit.
By akaur
on 08/23/11 17:04 PM (PDT)

I forgot to mention one thing: It doesn't come with a spare tire or jack- only a can of tire sealant which would ruin the sensor. There is room for a full spare under the floor, so I got one at a tire store along with a small jack and tire plugs.