6 speed manual .....
By myfj40 on
2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
This is a great little car, but lacks power when the A/C is on. If you try to pull a hill in lower gears with the Air on you have to really wrap it out or it will bog down when you upshift. I have owned this car 3 weeks and put on 800 miles so far....gas mileage is NOT as good as my 2000 Corolla with an Automatic. I have averaged around 34 highway so far. And that is including some pretty flat interstate driving.....My corolla has actually gotten over 40 when the conditions are right !!! I am really hoping that I can get much better mileage once it cools off and I don't have to run the air......
Favorite Features
I have the SE model and I REALLY like the features. The Bluetooth pairing with the phones/iPods is GREAT !!! A small car with Cruise/ int. wipers/ etc is wonderful. Very responsive steering and a LOT of interior room for such a small car.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a LOT more torque at lower RPMs. The Manual is geared TOO low in 6th....I run about 3000 rpm at 70MPH. Which is likely why the HWY mileage is so poor for a small car. Maybe they need an 8 speed manual to make up for the engine???
By edz3
on 12/05/11 19:51 PM (PST)

the 6th gear should run at lower rpm than that at 70mph. They still have not figured it out I guess.