2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS Automatic Experience
By fssrk1 on 08/13/11 16:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Hyundai Accent sedan with the premium package and automatic transmission. My last car was a 2003 Honda Civic DX sedan with automatic transmission. An extremely reliable car and averaged about 28-32 mpg in the city. Just a note certain color Accent are made in Pusan Korea such as the Clearwater blue color on my car. There should be no difference in quality but very minor difference on parts such as Hankook tires versus an American brand. The car rides smoothly in Eco mode but a little slow to accelerate. My gas mileage was 27 mpg on first refuel but there is a 600 mile engine wear in period. Overall happy with the car and bought it at invoice price $16,900.

My Car
By vcave on 08/06/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had to trade in my 5sp manual to get an automatic for health reason. We have 100 miles on the car in one day, and have not gotten under 36 miles per gallon yet. I am totally impressed. I expect to get the 40 when the car is broken in.

Very pleased
By t_lecuyer on 07/07/11 12:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've now owned my Accent for 2 weeks and I have nothing but good things to say about my purchase. The styling is impressive and they have definitely stepped up in terms of overall quality and features for this model. I love the Eco and the MPG feature that helps me with gas mileage and all of this without affecting the torque. They added the features that are available on the higher end models in their smaller model and it makes for a great little car. The engine has the same power as my 2006 Elantra had and it drives smoothly all around. The only issue I would pass on is the comfort of the headrests, which I got used to quickly. My wife not as much, but all in all the comfort is there

Not happy at the moment
By winvid33 on 06/20/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my car because I couldn't come close price wise with the american car dealers. Within 3 days of purchasing my car, the Transmission had to be replaced. I would have rather got the manual transmission but they are like a needle in a haystack. That is what the low price represents. You end up paying way more with the automatic. I called Hyundai to try to get a new vehicle since the brand new one I bought lost a tranny in the first week. No way! I just put in gas and got 31.5 MPG on exactly half highway driving and using the Active Eco Mode. I don't expect I will ever get the 30 city that they say they get.

Best Car For The Money
By poematic on 06/09/11 16:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought it today, out of all the new cars I test drove the look and feel of this one blows all of them out of the ball park.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan in VA is:

$171 per month*