Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Excellent gas mileage, But no spare is Crazy
By mdelano

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Made a trip from Tacoma Wa to Reno Nevada last weekend for 3 days 720 miles 1 way averaged on trip about 38 mpg in lots of mountain terrain, got as much as 44.1 miles per gallon doing 65 in the flatlands, very impressive fuel economy and not lacking any power either. First thing I did after finding out the hard way, Side Wall Puncture" on right rear tire, was get rid of the junk Kumho tires and replacing with some decent Dunlops with more rigid sidewalls. d Then found a 4x100 pattern 16 inch wheel and put one of the stock Kumho tires on it for a spare. P.S it does fit in tire space in rear. Car does not come with a spare (Very Poor Idea Hyundai) Pump and fix a flat does not repair a sidewall

Favorite Features

Puncture. Very nice ride and handles like a dream. Replaced my 97 subaru outback with this car and get double the mileage with the accent. Great job Hyundai on the accent ,But poor choice not including a spare, not even a jack for replacing a tire. Wow lets get a clue and fix this oversight! Love the car though!

Suggested Improvements

Spare tire and jack, clock in poor place for visibility! Bigger cup holder up front and no cup holder in back!

Very Happy Accent Owner.
By justdude

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a used 2012 Accent SE with 8122 miles on it. Traded my 2008 loaded Cobalt in for it when I read and heard gas was going to hit 4.50 a gal this summer. My Cobalt was a nice car but at 32mpg it just wouldnt do. The Accent's mileage is Great!! Just filled it up after driving back and forth to work and errands for a week. 4.5 gal!!! So happy with that. Avg 34.4mpg. The cobalt was a pitiful 24mpg at best. The only thing I would have liked is a lumbar support and outside temp. Gauges and radio are easy to see and use as is the bluetooth. This car is just so easy to drive I kind wished I lived further from work......

Favorite Features

Price price price. Mileage. Bluetooth, esp nice in Cali. All controls are easy to get to. Display colors. Bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Drives like a go-kart, meaning very responsive.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar suppot, outside temp and auto headlights. I know its nit picking but since this is a top of the line SE I would have have expected that.

Radio/Time Display Screen
By wubaja

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I really like my Accent. It is fun to drive and quite comfortable. But . . . the radio display LCD is terrible! There is very little contrast in the display of dark gray and light gray, and there is no brightness control. This may be petty, but I'd like to be able to see the clock (hidden in the upper right corner), rather than the radio station that I've been tuned to for the last two hours. Does anyone else have a problem with the display screen?

Favorite Features

Easy access to all controls. Fun to drive. Tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

Add contrast/brightness controls to LCD display and give driver the option of what should be displayed as a default, i.e. time, station, CD track, etc.

So close, but a few suggestions
By rb7385899

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Have an 09 Elantra Touring already, & bought a '12 Accent Hatch SE. I'm blown away by the mileage. Over 35 mixed use; easy to get well over 40 Hwy. The accent is quieter & more refined than the (more expensive) Elantra Touring, w/comparable passenger room, but the cargo space is tighter, & a higher liftover. I'm disturbed by the lack of spare tire; Dealer has promised to alert me when the "donut kits" arrive. Also there is no ext temp display. How much did they save by leaving THAT out, LOL? Paid sticker, plus dealer installed mudflaps & iPod cable. Elecrolyte Green. Other than that I'm completely satisfied. Paid $18,020 including delivery,

Favorite Features

Probably best in class MPG. Sharp looks. Quiet - little NVH.

Suggested Improvements

Visibilty thru backight is obscured by the rear seat headrests, so I removed them. no spare tire or exterior temp guage. Coolant fill opening is inaccessable due to other engine parts - you need to add fluid to a cold engine through the radiator cap instead. Did I say no spare tire? Get a clue, hyundai - especially since you don't honor the TPMS warranty if I use tire sealant after a flat.

Awesome company provided car
By mboughman

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This car was bought as a company car by the company for me. MPG were a huge reason for the purchase and I am observing about 32 mpg (not the 42 Hyundai says you will get) however I do not drive with ECO on. Either way, this car is very comfortable for subcompact standards and is packed with features, again for subcompact standards. Personally I own a full size 07 GMC and 09 Maxima, so I know comfort. That considered, it drives very well and induces grins while driving. I recently took a trip from Raleigh NC to Balimore MD in this car and was very comfortable the entire way, keeping in mind that I am a 6'2" 290lb man. All in all, Hyundai hit the mark with this one.

Favorite Features

Exterior look, Interior room, Xm, Aux plug in, steering, keyless entry/alarm, ride, transmission (auto), brake feel

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot monitors, in dash cd changer, standard fog lights, auto hatch release open/close