2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Exactly what I wanted!
By catdaddy74 on 10/08/11 11:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my 2012 Hyundai Accent SE (mocha bronze) for 5 days now and I absolutely love it! It is roomy and comfortable with plenty of power when I need it. The engine is quiet and still feels powerful when I turn on the A/C. Reviewers like to say it's not as sporty or fun to drive as the other hatchbacks in its class. Personally, I find it plenty sporty with a very smooth ride and quiet cabin. I never thought I would consider a Hyundai let alone step foot inside a dealership but I'm glad I did. I am thoroughly satisfied and impressed with this little gem of a car!

Awesome Car Totally
By luvmyaccent on 10/04/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Had this car for two weeks and love this car, got mocha bronze hatchback. this car is everything i want and needed in a car, 36 miles per gallon so far, drives will, a/c is great, stero is nice lots of room, But No spare tire or jack, went to discount tire got a tire and rim for $93.00 brand new full size and fits in spare spot. This car has great pickup and fun to drive, price was under $17,000. The bronze mocha is a hard color to find. I got mine smile, only bad thing is the visalabilty out of the rear window. no regrets on getting this car at all, I love it. Test drive one and you will fall in love with it

Great car, but a few niggles
By dirtbag on 09/13/11 06:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I got the SE hatch automatic. Nice car. Fun to drive. Quiet and comfortable. Looks good. Averages 35 mpg. I'm very pleased, overall! The cruise control is useless on uphill grades. The door armrests are hard plastic and uncomfortable. Handling around curves is great but it doesn't track well in a straight line on the freeway, requiring continual corrections. No spare tire, even though there is a space designed for one...cheapskates.

Almost Perfect
By akaur on 08/22/11 07:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Very impressed with this car. No other hatchbacks come close to the new Accent with regards to fuel economy and warranty. Responsive handling and enough pep that I feel confident entering the freeways. The interior is roomy and quiet, the A/C works great on even the lowest two settings, and that's saying a lot in Phoenix summer heat! I only averaged 34 MPG until I filled up at Chevron, then my MPG jumped to 36-37 mixed and 41 highway. I'm not a schill for Chevron and don't work for them, but that's the only gas I'll use now.

A Great Buy
By greenmrt on 08/08/11 08:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

When looking for a fuel efficient car, I assumed we would have to settle for a boring vehicle. I am happy to have been so wrong. With a plethora of features, the Accent suprised. We are thrilled to be averaging 40mpg on the vehicle. A great car for the value. With the 60,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty and the 100,000 powertrain warranty, we also have peace-of-mind.

6 speed manual .....
By myfj40 on 08/07/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car, but lacks power when the A/C is on. If you try to pull a hill in lower gears with the Air on you have to really wrap it out or it will bog down when you upshift. I have owned this car 3 weeks and put on 800 miles so far....gas mileage is NOT as good as my 2000 Corolla with an Automatic. I have averaged around 34 highway so far. And that is including some pretty flat interstate driving.....My corolla has actually gotten over 40 when the conditions are right !!! I am really hoping that I can get much better mileage once it cools off and I don't have to run the air......

Hyundai proves again that they are a company to be noticed....
By twbmusic on 08/05/11 17:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Awesome! Is the word to describe Hyundai's latest redesign of it's entry level vehicle.... First of all let me say that finding a vehicle that fits a over 6' tall male and a 5' female can be a challenge, especially from a driving position point-of-view. No problems here...seat, steering wheel, interior headroom and leg room are all generous....I can even fit in the back seat comfortably! The 138 hp direct fuel-injected engine is very willing and has plenty of passing power on the highway. In my opinion, the car rides as nice or better than Hyundai's own redesigned Elantra (which is not direct fuel injected). Fit and finish both inside and out are class equal to it's competition.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*