2012 Hyundai Accent GLS Automatic Experience
By fssrk1 on
2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)
I recently purchased a 2012 Hyundai Accent sedan with the premium package and automatic transmission. My last car was a 2003 Honda Civic DX sedan with automatic transmission. An extremely reliable car and averaged about 28-32 mpg in the city. Just a note certain color Accent are made in Pusan Korea such as the Clearwater blue color on my car. There should be no difference in quality but very minor difference on parts such as Hankook tires versus an American brand. The car rides smoothly in Eco mode but a little slow to accelerate. My gas mileage was 27 mpg on first refuel but there is a 600 mile engine wear in period. Overall happy with the car and bought it at invoice price $16,900.
Favorite Features
Nice instrument panel, it is well organized. Everything is within comfortable reaching distance. The stereo/CD system has nice crisp sound. The bluetooth would be nice once I have it working. It might be a problem with my Motorola Quantico not completely synching to the Hyundai bluetooth. I can receive calls they hear me but I can't hear the caller. I like the curve of the dashboard just above your feet it gives your leg and knees extra room. The exterior is a nice looking car and younger coworkers also like the design. The optional features are nice such as steering wheel controls, wireless keylock, bluetooth phone, electrical adjustable driver mirrors, aux MP3 or USB input.
Suggested Improvements
Rear Window visibility is a little small. It would be nice if the rear window was a little taller. The wireless key door lock should be part of the standard package not the premium. One major gripe is about Hyundai and Motozuma's marketing. Motozuma has a program to allow you to save for a car and Hyundai matches upto $500. This is free money and there is about zero advertisement until I registered on the Hyundai car owner website. There is no spare tires but there is 24 hour coverage for road service if you need to get towed for free. The car comes with compressor and sealant kit. Heated front seats would be nice since I live in Alaska. The Canadian version has heated front seat.