2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Glad I ditched the Fiesta!
By mechanic80 on 10/29/12 08:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

A basic hatchback that has an interior color other than black! Mine is a 6 speed, a real advantage with the relatively small 1.6 engine, but still quite gutsy! I drive almost exclusively highway miles between Albuquerque proper and the east mountains. 23 miles each way, and 43 MPG is my average with a high of 46.5 when I drive like a little old lady (NOT typically!) Convenient controls and placement thereof. A little buzzy but quite tolerable. Good road feel and great brakes. I enjoy throwing it around road curves. decent standard equipment and greatly improved safety over previous model.

Hyundai gone a long way.
By mpg_enthusiast on 12/12/11 14:33 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have a hybrid in disguise! Just picked up 6spd SE Accent yesterday. Already drove 241 miles and it is still not at half a tank yet. And I was not driving too conservatively. I was revving the engine hard at times taking off treating it like a sports car. Pretty impress so far with the standard features like bluetooth, ipod, decent sound speakers (need sub), satellite radio, etc. Was at 70mph and felt like I was going slow, so suspension is pretty good I have to say. I will update the review if I find anything undesirable, but for now..two thumbs up.

6 speed manual .....
By myfj40 on 08/07/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car, but lacks power when the A/C is on. If you try to pull a hill in lower gears with the Air on you have to really wrap it out or it will bog down when you upshift. I have owned this car 3 weeks and put on 800 miles so far....gas mileage is NOT as good as my 2000 Corolla with an Automatic. I have averaged around 34 highway so far. And that is including some pretty flat interstate driving.....My corolla has actually gotten over 40 when the conditions are right !!! I am really hoping that I can get much better mileage once it cools off and I don't have to run the air......

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*