Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

No Spare Tire
By cj

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Why not a spare? And hate the low bumper - scrapes off the undercarriage in front. Expensive repair.

Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

I love the blue tooth capabilities! I also love the fog lamps - perfect for driving at night in the rain! Also love steering wheel controls.

Not have the car so low to the ground.

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So my husband and daughter were in college. They needed dependable transportation with great gas mileage. She iives in snow country. We live in city. Both have over 50k on them and run great. We bought these because of the gas savings and warranty. For those things they hit the mark. The road traction is great in the snow. Neither car has needed repair. Just tires at 50k.

Hands free for phone, serius radio, easy to park, stylish, good paint, good in bad weather.

3 years strong
By mdelarosa45

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I come from a family of mechanics and live in TX I have owned my hatchback accent for 3 years, bought it with 4 miles on the odometer. Now have 65k miles on it and have yet to have any mechanical problems with it, very little maintenance. Original tires wear out at 35k miles. I have driven this car icy conditions, the car handled very well, the front wheel drive and traction control did their job. Braking is very sensitive but stops good. Acceleration sucks. But Eco mode saves gas! This is a great city car, saves gas and handles curves relatively well despite it not being a performance vehicle, under 70mph it feels very safe handling. MY HYUNDAI IS A VERY RELIABLE CAR I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

-Gas saver! and Hyundai made good on their promise to reimburse me for the original estimated MPG error. -Great daily driver car, beats the competitors in its class for 2012 on horse power -I have driven through some bad storms and bad Ice, it did surprisingly well vs rear wheel drive vehicles I saw stranded everywhere. -Bluetooth stereo system, and fog lights, relatively good looks for being a small car. -Interior is roomy, not a lot of road noise, engine is quiet idling.

Air conditioning could be a little bit stronger. Having a spare tire would be nice but not truly necessary my insurance will take care of me if anything happens. The stiff suspension makes it tough to go on long road trips. Seats could be more comfortable too specially some lumbar support since Im tall it would be nice. If you have an Iphone or Ipod you have to buy a crummy connection from Hyundai for it to work with the car, I hated it.

Not Happy with my Hyundai Accent
By 75caddie

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in 2011. One of the first models. I liked the looks inside and out. So I bought it. After owning it for 2 1/2 years I will say that I hate this car. I read previous reviews and would like to let them know that they are not alone. They brought up the same complaints that I had.Poor rear visibility. If this car comes with a rear wiper for a reason.LCD display. (see previous poster) Cheap tires. Do not buy one with the cheap tires.They suck. No spare tire. I swear to God and all that is Holy that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever made. Driving in snowstorms or on slushy roads. Forget it. If you are not used to snowy/slippery roads, just pull over and hope you live.

My favorite feature is the warranty. Hyundai Motors knows their products are not what was advertised. That is why I you get an Hyundai MPG rewards card. If you own an Hyundai make sure you get your money from the false MPG that was promised when you purchased you're auto. The dealership where I purchased mine was top notch. I wen't there Thursday 3/6/14 for an state inspection sticker, informed my dealer rep. about the abnormal wear and tear on the drivers seat, and to my suprise I will get a brand new seat next week. Will post back when they keep their word.

I wanted an manual transmission. When I purchased mine they were available but hard to find. This car would be a fun and safer car if it had one. The automatic six speed computer controlled transmission is an shame on Hyundai.