2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978 on 12/20/14 12:34 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix on 12/11/14 10:03 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So my husband and daughter were in college. They needed dependable transportation with great gas mileage. She iives in snow country. We live in city. Both have over 50k on them and run great. We bought these because of the gas savings and warranty. For those things they hit the mark. The road traction is great in the snow. Neither car has needed repair. Just tires at 50k.

3 years strong
By mdelarosa45 on 06/26/14 14:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I come from a family of mechanics and live in TX I have owned my hatchback accent for 3 years, bought it with 4 miles on the odometer. Now have 65k miles on it and have yet to have any mechanical problems with it, very little maintenance. Original tires wear out at 35k miles. I have driven this car icy conditions, the car handled very well, the front wheel drive and traction control did their job. Braking is very sensitive but stops good. Acceleration sucks. But Eco mode saves gas! This is a great city car, saves gas and handles curves relatively well despite it not being a performance vehicle, under 70mph it feels very safe handling. MY HYUNDAI IS A VERY RELIABLE CAR I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

Not Happy with my Hyundai Accent
By 75caddie on 03/08/14 19:15 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in 2011. One of the first models. I liked the looks inside and out. So I bought it. After owning it for 2 1/2 years I will say that I hate this car. I read previous reviews and would like to let them know that they are not alone. They brought up the same complaints that I had.Poor rear visibility. If this car comes with a rear wiper for a reason.LCD display. (see previous poster) Cheap tires. Do not buy one with the cheap tires.They suck. No spare tire. I swear to God and all that is Holy that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever made. Driving in snowstorms or on slushy roads. Forget it. If you are not used to snowy/slippery roads, just pull over and hope you live.

Great looks and great value!
By rlfeen on 09/14/13 02:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about a year and a half ~36k. I loved the way the new Hyundais looked and I decided on the Accent. I got a silver SE trim. I love black interior, fog lights and rims. MPG's aren't that great for such a small car. AVG is 27/36 This is a great handling car. Engine is a bit noisy, however it is very responsive and you can really get up and go when needed. Drove this thing from Maryland to California and it did great. After about 10k I drove through a pretty deep puddle during a hurricane and the engine was damaged (my fault 100%). I ended up having to replace the engine. Hyundai wouldn't cover it because it was "water damaged," but my insurance did cover it.

dissapointed
By gismo2012 on 08/10/13 06:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 accent last yr new,I like the style and interior but the performance of it is very bad,last winter i had an experience I have never felt with any car,the roads were slushy and I had no control of the car,it was all over the road,stearing went one way and tires went another,also felt like I had no brakes took to dealer,of cource they found nothing also the gas,oh my god it eats gas,and the gas gauge is way off all the time,the range gauge that tells you how much further you can drive on that tank drops 2-3 miles as you are driving,even if I go a block.I have the digital gas gauge and that drops fast to,The dealer says nothing wrong,of course.

Beware The Dealerships!!!
By justdude on 02/17/13 18:04 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had owned a 2012 SE for one year and just traded it in for a a different manufacture vehicle. The problems were the mechanics made fun of the car saying it was akin to a GEO Metro. Didn't feel to good hearing that. Broke the glove box changing the cabin filter. Broke the new filter but installed it anyway. Left the engine a mess with dirty oil slopped around and dirty hand prints in the car. The next dealer I went to charged me for 5qt of oil, to give bulk oil pricing, and put in 5-30W instead of the spec-ed 5-20W. Hyundai corp suggested I do it myself after conplaing on a post service survey Welcome to two of the OC Hyundai dealerships.

Glad I ditched the Fiesta!
By mechanic80 on 10/29/12 08:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

A basic hatchback that has an interior color other than black! Mine is a 6 speed, a real advantage with the relatively small 1.6 engine, but still quite gutsy! I drive almost exclusively highway miles between Albuquerque proper and the east mountains. 23 miles each way, and 43 MPG is my average with a high of 46.5 when I drive like a little old lady (NOT typically!) Convenient controls and placement thereof. A little buzzy but quite tolerable. Good road feel and great brakes. I enjoy throwing it around road curves. decent standard equipment and greatly improved safety over previous model.

285 miles per tank??
By dbldigit10 on 07/07/12 13:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Really only 285 miles per tank of gas!!! 30 mpg barely. I am driving 60/40% hwy/city and im not even getting 300 miles per tank. I took it into the dealer and was told that they "hooked it up" and there were no codes showing any problems. I drive speeds varying from 45-75mph....more closer to 75mph. So tell me what i must be doing wrong??? When my wife drives the same as i do (if not worse) and she has the sedan model. She gets close 340 miles per tank of gas. I was told by the dealership (Colonial Hyundai of Downingtown, PA) that it was the way i drive not my car. Should have stuck with an american made car!!

First impressions--Accent SE Hatchback
By uptowndoug on 06/26/12 14:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I considered a number of sub-compacts, including the Honda Fit, Kia Soul, Toyota Yaris and Ford Fiesta before deciding on the Accent hatchback SE. Main considerations were price, fuel economy and warranty length. It's only real competitor for me was the Kia Soul, but at only 34 mpg and about a grand more, I chose the Accent. I paid $16,900 in Sacramento CA for a brand new one with nearly all the options available. So far, after two weeks, here are some first impressions. Two fill ups and about 800 miles: only getting 30mpg so far combined city and freeway. Smooth riding, plenty of pep. Comfy, plenty of leg and head room. Stereo could be more powerful. Ipod lacks volume.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*