Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

The Last "New" Hyundai I will Ever Own.
By Dan

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I say the last "new" Hyundai, when really I mean the last Hyundai I will ever own, and the last car I will ever buy new. I bought this car in October of 2011 as a brand new 2012 with 0 miles on it. It was a special order, from the dealer. Luckily, because it was special order, they didn't get the chance to mark it up $1500 like the other cars on their lot. Even still, I barely got out under sticker price. Up to about 20k miles was great, except for the garbage Kumho tires on these cars, which wore out after 16k. 22k miles I had the shifter knob replaced as the leather was deteriorating. 23k I had the heater motor replaced because it was whining terribly. From 23k onwards the clutch throw-out shaft had been making a chirping noise. 15 trips to the dealer.... let me repeat... FIFTEEN. TRIPS. Have all but yet to determine the noise, or even offer to replace parts. 26k I had them replace the clutch slave cylinder and bleed the system... no help. 27k they lubed the throw-out bearing... no help. Fast forward 60,000 chirpy miles later the check engine light comes on. 87k on the clock I bring it in for the light. Small evap leak code P0456. They change all the solenoids at my cost because EVAP is only covered to 82k.... thanks Hyundai. 90k the light comes back on... They clear it, not finding an issue. 92k the light comes on... They clear it, not finding an issue again. 95k.... my FUEL PUMP HOUSING falls apart. Literally cracked completely around the retaining ring and nearly bursts from the tank.... $790 later, out of my pocket AGAIN... it's fixed... because the Fuel system isn't covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. 96,000 miles... I still owe $2600 on this car. Never. Again. Goodbye Hyundai.

No Spare Tire
By cj

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Why not a spare? And hate the low bumper - scrapes off the undercarriage in front. Expensive repair.

Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

I love the blue tooth capabilities! I also love the fog lamps - perfect for driving at night in the rain! Also love steering wheel controls.

Not have the car so low to the ground.

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So my husband and daughter were in college. They needed dependable transportation with great gas mileage. She iives in snow country. We live in city. Both have over 50k on them and run great. We bought these because of the gas savings and warranty. For those things they hit the mark. The road traction is great in the snow. Neither car has needed repair. Just tires at 50k.

Hands free for phone, serius radio, easy to park, stylish, good paint, good in bad weather.

3 years strong
By mdelarosa45

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I come from a family of mechanics and live in TX I have owned my hatchback accent for 3 years, bought it with 4 miles on the odometer. Now have 65k miles on it and have yet to have any mechanical problems with it, very little maintenance. Original tires wear out at 35k miles. I have driven this car icy conditions, the car handled very well, the front wheel drive and traction control did their job. Braking is very sensitive but stops good. Acceleration sucks. But Eco mode saves gas! This is a great city car, saves gas and handles curves relatively well despite it not being a performance vehicle, under 70mph it feels very safe handling. MY HYUNDAI IS A VERY RELIABLE CAR I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

-Gas saver! and Hyundai made good on their promise to reimburse me for the original estimated MPG error. -Great daily driver car, beats the competitors in its class for 2012 on horse power -I have driven through some bad storms and bad Ice, it did surprisingly well vs rear wheel drive vehicles I saw stranded everywhere. -Bluetooth stereo system, and fog lights, relatively good looks for being a small car. -Interior is roomy, not a lot of road noise, engine is quiet idling.

Air conditioning could be a little bit stronger. Having a spare tire would be nice but not truly necessary my insurance will take care of me if anything happens. The stiff suspension makes it tough to go on long road trips. Seats could be more comfortable too specially some lumbar support since Im tall it would be nice. If you have an Iphone or Ipod you have to buy a crummy connection from Hyundai for it to work with the car, I hated it.