Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great little runabout
By john carrozza

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great little car for the money, awesome for around town.

The Last "New" Hyundai I will Ever Own.
By Dan

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I say the last "new" Hyundai, when really I mean the last Hyundai I will ever own, and the last car I will ever buy new. I bought this car in October of 2011 as a brand new 2012 with 0 miles on it. It was a special order, from the dealer. Luckily, because it was special order, they didn't get the chance to mark it up $1500 like the other cars on their lot. Even still, I barely got out under sticker price. Up to about 20k miles was great, except for the garbage Kumho tires on these cars, which wore out after 16k. 22k miles I had the shifter knob replaced as the leather was deteriorating. 23k I had the heater motor replaced because it was whining terribly. From 23k onwards the clutch throw-out shaft had been making a chirping noise. 15 trips to the dealer.... let me repeat... FIFTEEN. TRIPS. Have all but yet to determine the noise, or even offer to replace parts. 26k I had them replace the clutch slave cylinder and bleed the system... no help. 27k they lubed the throw-out bearing... no help. Fast forward 60,000 chirpy miles later the check engine light comes on. 87k on the clock I bring it in for the light. Small evap leak code P0456. They change all the solenoids at my cost because EVAP is only covered to 82k.... thanks Hyundai. 90k the light comes back on... They clear it, not finding an issue. 92k the light comes on... They clear it, not finding an issue again. 95k.... my FUEL PUMP HOUSING falls apart. Literally cracked completely around the retaining ring and nearly bursts from the tank.... $790 later, out of my pocket AGAIN... it's fixed... because the Fuel system isn't covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. 96,000 miles... I still owe $2600 on this car. Never. Again. Goodbye Hyundai.

No Spare Tire
By cj

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Why not a spare? And hate the low bumper - scrapes off the undercarriage in front. Expensive repair.

Think twice
By Jordan Bocanegra

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent (from a private seller with 53k miles) it is my first car and I found it very stylish. It doesn't have much to offer on the inside, no cruise control no Bluetooth but I loved it... For about a month. The car is so low to the floor that simply tapping the parking barrier when parking can damage the undercarriage. Something I didn't know until my check engine light came on and I brought it to the dealer. Turns out my av compressor got pushed back into the radiatior, and long story short it cost me 2600 dollars in repairs. One month after buying it. Another thing is when you're driving the car it won't go past 45/50 mph until it goes over 2k rpm and that's an annoying trait in a car especially if you highway drive. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have purchased this car. It's not the worst in the world, but definitely not the best.

Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

I love the blue tooth capabilities! I also love the fog lamps - perfect for driving at night in the rain! Also love steering wheel controls.

Not have the car so low to the ground.