Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

No Spare Tire
By cj

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Why not a spare? And hate the low bumper - scrapes off the undercarriage in front. Expensive repair.

Think twice
By Jordan Bocanegra

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent (from a private seller with 53k miles) it is my first car and I found it very stylish. It doesn't have much to offer on the inside, no cruise control no Bluetooth but I loved it... For about a month. The car is so low to the floor that simply tapping the parking barrier when parking can damage the undercarriage. Something I didn't know until my check engine light came on and I brought it to the dealer. Turns out my av compressor got pushed back into the radiatior, and long story short it cost me 2600 dollars in repairs. One month after buying it. Another thing is when you're driving the car it won't go past 45/50 mph until it goes over 2k rpm and that's an annoying trait in a car especially if you highway drive. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have purchased this car. It's not the worst in the world, but definitely not the best.

Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

I love the blue tooth capabilities! I also love the fog lamps - perfect for driving at night in the rain! Also love steering wheel controls.

Not have the car so low to the ground.

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So my husband and daughter were in college. They needed dependable transportation with great gas mileage. She iives in snow country. We live in city. Both have over 50k on them and run great. We bought these because of the gas savings and warranty. For those things they hit the mark. The road traction is great in the snow. Neither car has needed repair. Just tires at 50k.

Hands free for phone, serius radio, easy to park, stylish, good paint, good in bad weather.

I love my car
By jg523

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Accent for a little over three years now, and I've gone over 80,000 miles in her. She has not given me ONE problem with the engine. Even when I haven't taken her in for regular service in WAY too long or have been driving her long distances with a lot of weight, she is entirely reliable. Now, she's had trouble with other people hitting her, but even those repairs have been perfect and she's back up and running in no time and with no after effects. She also gets great gas mileage; on one 8-hour interstate driving trip recently I filled up before leaving and then only once more when I got close to my destination. My husband is 6'4" and even he fits comfortably in the car.

Maneuverability, reliability, speed

No spare tire, which is annoying. That should be included (or at least made evident on purchase, so that I had the option to buy one then; fortunately I learned it was missing and have yet to need one, though the day is coming). The door handles on my vehicle are white plastic that was painted black, and the paint is wearing off. Better design there would be preferable. Front bumper too low. I'm constantly dragging the underside of the front bumper on curbs and parking guards, and it makes the whole bumper pop out of place. My dealership had to drill my bumper back into place to make it stay put.