2012 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Never Thought I'd Own A Hyundai
By larryw1978 on 12/20/14 12:34 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Hyundai Accent Pre-Owned. The color got my attention. The test drive stole my hear! I wanted something affordable and easy on gas - was reluctant at first because I am big guy and didn't to drive something I could barely fit in! Wasn't the problem at all. I drive quiet a bit in Houston daily, so traffic traffic traffic, so I guess getting 31 mpg is good for me - fill up roughly every 4 days and the most it has cost $24.00. I love how it handles and everything it offers. My only complaint is how low it is to the ground - the rear view mirror is level with almost everyone's head lights - people here are to cheap to repair headlights a lot drive with brites on - annoying!

Bought two and they are a great value!
By xmix on 12/11/14 10:03 AM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So my husband and daughter were in college. They needed dependable transportation with great gas mileage. She iives in snow country. We live in city. Both have over 50k on them and run great. We bought these because of the gas savings and warranty. For those things they hit the mark. The road traction is great in the snow. Neither car has needed repair. Just tires at 50k.

I love my car
By jg523 on 09/23/14 05:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Accent for a little over three years now, and I've gone over 80,000 miles in her. She has not given me ONE problem with the engine. Even when I haven't taken her in for regular service in WAY too long or have been driving her long distances with a lot of weight, she is entirely reliable. Now, she's had trouble with other people hitting her, but even those repairs have been perfect and she's back up and running in no time and with no after effects. She also gets great gas mileage; on one 8-hour interstate driving trip recently I filled up before leaving and then only once more when I got close to my destination. My husband is 6'4" and even he fits comfortably in the car.

3 years strong
By mdelarosa45 on 06/26/14 14:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I come from a family of mechanics and live in TX I have owned my hatchback accent for 3 years, bought it with 4 miles on the odometer. Now have 65k miles on it and have yet to have any mechanical problems with it, very little maintenance. Original tires wear out at 35k miles. I have driven this car icy conditions, the car handled very well, the front wheel drive and traction control did their job. Braking is very sensitive but stops good. Acceleration sucks. But Eco mode saves gas! This is a great city car, saves gas and handles curves relatively well despite it not being a performance vehicle, under 70mph it feels very safe handling. MY HYUNDAI IS A VERY RELIABLE CAR I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

Not Happy with my Hyundai Accent
By 75caddie on 03/08/14 19:15 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in 2011. One of the first models. I liked the looks inside and out. So I bought it. After owning it for 2 1/2 years I will say that I hate this car. I read previous reviews and would like to let them know that they are not alone. They brought up the same complaints that I had.Poor rear visibility. If this car comes with a rear wiper for a reason.LCD display. (see previous poster) Cheap tires. Do not buy one with the cheap tires.They suck. No spare tire. I swear to God and all that is Holy that was one of the dumbest moves I have ever made. Driving in snowstorms or on slushy roads. Forget it. If you are not used to snowy/slippery roads, just pull over and hope you live.

Great looks and great value!
By rlfeen on 09/14/13 02:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for about a year and a half ~36k. I loved the way the new Hyundais looked and I decided on the Accent. I got a silver SE trim. I love black interior, fog lights and rims. MPG's aren't that great for such a small car. AVG is 27/36 This is a great handling car. Engine is a bit noisy, however it is very responsive and you can really get up and go when needed. Drove this thing from Maryland to California and it did great. After about 10k I drove through a pretty deep puddle during a hurricane and the engine was damaged (my fault 100%). I ended up having to replace the engine. Hyundai wouldn't cover it because it was "water damaged," but my insurance did cover it.

dissapointed
By gismo2012 on 08/10/13 06:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 accent last yr new,I like the style and interior but the performance of it is very bad,last winter i had an experience I have never felt with any car,the roads were slushy and I had no control of the car,it was all over the road,stearing went one way and tires went another,also felt like I had no brakes took to dealer,of cource they found nothing also the gas,oh my god it eats gas,and the gas gauge is way off all the time,the range gauge that tells you how much further you can drive on that tank drops 2-3 miles as you are driving,even if I go a block.I have the digital gas gauge and that drops fast to,The dealer says nothing wrong,of course.

It's ok for a city car
By tejo1 on 04/10/13 12:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

It's been one year and half driving this car and 24000 km on it. I love the exterior and interior design. However I would expect more when driving it. This car makes an awful noise when accelerating from stop. It feels the engine is working very hard to move the car, and I totally gave up using the Eco driving because it makes the car even worse during shift transitions. I first bought thinking I could save a lot on gas, because of the 1.6L. But when I drove a Mazda 3 with Skyactive, I was able to do about the same fuel mileage as mine. Also the brakes of this car felt too weak when I had 5 passengers on it, and only 2 of them were a little above average. Had no mechanical issues so far.

Beware The Dealerships!!!
By justdude on 02/17/13 18:04 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I had owned a 2012 SE for one year and just traded it in for a a different manufacture vehicle. The problems were the mechanics made fun of the car saying it was akin to a GEO Metro. Didn't feel to good hearing that. Broke the glove box changing the cabin filter. Broke the new filter but installed it anyway. Left the engine a mess with dirty oil slopped around and dirty hand prints in the car. The next dealer I went to charged me for 5qt of oil, to give bulk oil pricing, and put in 5-30W instead of the spec-ed 5-20W. Hyundai corp suggested I do it myself after conplaing on a post service survey Welcome to two of the OC Hyundai dealerships.

Solid, Reliable, Excellent Drive
By canada_bc on 12/24/12 14:45 PM (PST)

2012 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Accent after 11mo./23000km of use as a rental, during which time it had no accidents or service issues. After my 6mo./12000km it continues to perform without issue. Excellent fuel economy - I achieve or beat the ORIGINAL consumption rating regularly on the highway, though the city rating is a bit optimistic. Smooth ride, perfectly comfortable for long highway trips (I have many). The air conditioning/heating system takes a bit too long to warm up, but that's minor; also my windshield fogs up a bit too easily, but easily managed. Not top-end materials inside, but no problems with them. but Overall I am very happy with almost all aspects of the car and would fully recommend it.