Used 2011 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

junk
By done9

2011 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2011 so I wouldn't have to worry if it would work. Should of bought a used car. New starter motor aasy in 2012 just over 10,000 miles, new sensor-fuel tank pressure 2013 just over 26,000 miles, another starter motor assy 2014 just over 30,000 miles, and just had replaced a cowl cover 2015 today 38,000 miles. This car is a piece of junk would not buy or recommended to anyone a hyundai.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and turning radius

Suggested Improvements

build a car that actually works.

2011 hyundai accent SE 4 speed automatic
By jakethib1

2011 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2011 Hyundai accent SE 4 speed automatic with 61,000 KM, i love the car i like that it has a sunroof fog lights, 16 inch alloy wheels. The car is comfortable and good on gas , it is sporty and handles very nicely, i love the car, but their are a few things i am dissapointed in. I have had some suspension problems i have had to replace 2 struts in the back and now a sway bar link kit in the front is clunking, it is all covered under warranty so its not a big deal, i also don' like how the plastics on the interior of the car scratch so easily. But other then that i love the car it has never let me down its fun to drive and stylish. i recommend this car to buyers.

Favorite Features

sunroof, fog lights, bright blue dash lights, 16 inch alloy wheels, supportive seats, good on gas, handles like a dream, the styling of the front headlights and fog lights and rear brake lights.

Suggested Improvements

more power would be better, more high end interior plastics would be nice, rear disk brakes instead of drum, more standard features like power windows and power locks. Also more airbags, and better crash test scores.

Worth every penny!
By ddembinska

2011 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new last year. It has been worth every penny that we spent on it. It is great on gas, reliable, cheap to maintain, and of course the warranty is great. I drive it to work everyday. That car is my baby. I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off in 20 years or so. I feel safe in it and my son rides in it almost everyday. We got the basic model (manual windows, locks) and it still had pretty nice features such as the USB hookup.

Favorite Features

USB hookup, AUX hookup, Dashboard cluster, XM radio, nice looking interior/exterior.

Suggested Improvements

This car has been great for me, but the only thing is that I wish it was a bit bigger. I know that it is a compact car, but it would be cool if it was a little bigger. I guess for bigger you would just go for the Elantra.

Great little car
By wolfman

2011 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in part to tow behind my motor home. The SE package is the trim to have. The car has all of the options that one would want in a subcompact. The blue lit dashboard is easy on the eyes at night, and the sport shifter makes for slick easy shifts. The top shelf stock stereo works great. Seating position is excellent, and power is on par with cars in this size and class. So far, I've been able to beat EPA highway figures, and the engine is not broken in yet. On that note, my primary gripe is the too short 5th gear. Revs need to be lower in 5th on the highway, as anything over 60 MPH sends the tach over 3,000 RPM.

Favorite Features

Blue backlit dash board. Black interior, SE package. Well optioned car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

The manual transmission either needs a taller 5th gear on the highway, or a 6th gear added. This would both further boost highway fuel economy (that is why we buy these cars), and reduce interior noise on the highway.

A fun return to the basics.
By Erik

2011 Hyundai Accent GL 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is basically the same as a 2000 Honda civic hatchback, plus brand new. I got no air cond because I rarely use it, and I prefer the engine is freed up to get better mileage and have better acceleration because of no extra pulley stressing the engine. I also prefer to buy my own stereo. Why would I want to waste money throwing the stock stereo in the garbage? The car drives nice. The cost makes it extremely fun to drive. You don't worry about gas much, and you don't even worry about somebody stealing your car. 95% of new cars are overloaded with crap that isn't needed. An aftermarket stereo is all you need. Car is basically the new CRX people have wanted but Honda didn't make.

Favorite Features

Cheap cost, great mileage, manual windows/locks, zippy acceleration, trendy appearance, nice dashboard layout, trunk/back seat fold down to create tons of room, engine even looks well built.

Suggested Improvements

Not much at all. I'd say all that would even be worth changing would be to use an engine that gets a few more miles per gallon yet gets a few more horsepower too. Maybe, improve the quality of the seats about 10%.