2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Fast purchase!
By 2010 Accent on 07/04/10 22:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The warranty and "return if you lose your job or too sick to work" (up to 1 year) made this purchase a great deal. We test drove 2 at different dealerships and didn't hesitate on buying this. We got the 5 speed manual after reading many reviews. We drove it in city and on the freeway and it handled beautifully.

Glad I got the one with the sun roof
By Bill on 07/01/10 22:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to put out the extra money for the top of the line. Larger tires and sunroof. Glad I did. First sunroof I've ever owned, and it's great. Car is fun to drive, great handling, though I wouldn't want to drive it on really rough roads--too bumpy. Two door hatchback is the way to go if you don't have kids.

Bad Fuel Economy
By Bob on 06/18/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is driven 98% highway doing the speed limit of 55 mph to 65 mph I watch the tachometer for any major changes in engine speed. The gas mileage is not even close to the sticker. I average 30 to 32 mpg, the sticker states 37 to 43 mpg.

Hu
By Hyundai on 06/09/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a new 2010 Hyundai from Rock River Hyundai in Rockford, IL. I really like the car. It drives well. It's sporty looking and comfortable. I really like the option of extending the warranty to cover almost everything for 100,000 miles along w/ the powertrain coverage. I just purchased the car this Saturday so I'm just beginning the journey. I worked w/ wonderful people at Rock River Ford especially Pat Carter so I have assurance of good people standing behind their product. That's a good feeling. Thanks Hyundai for standing behind your product!

I am happy with my Blue Hyundai Accent
By David Sumner on 05/06/10 00:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2010 Accent is a well designed, well priced commute car. After owning 4 Toyota vehicles (i.e., Camry, Tercel, Echo, Yaris) I took my chances and bought a Hyundai Accent. Hyundai Accent is a surprisingly nice car for a very low price. Has a good design, and is roomy inside, and very fuel efficient. I strongly recommend it to first time car buyers, college students, those who need an economical second car for long commute,and young drivers. It is well worth the price you pay, and if it lasts like my past cars, I will be very very happy with my choice.

Nice. Better than I expected
By micmel2 on 04/27/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. I previously drove a Dodge Caravan, so driving this is like night and day. I like to drive small cars because it is easier for me to maneuver. Nice response. I haven't filled my tank yet, but I'm down to 1/4 tank left after driving 280 miles. Fairly inexpensive to insure because of the front and rear crumple safety zones. Very comfortable seats.

Little car with a HUGE bang!
By Geminijcm on 04/26/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying a new car I test drove a Civic, Mazda 3, Corolla, and the Accent. This has been the best car I have owned for the price. It was 9,970 and I drove it off the lot for about 10,500. I have owned it for about 6 months now and it amazes more each day what this car offers. It has space in front seats and back, and even the trunk is just... huge! I average about 36 mpg on both Highway and City, but if I drive mostly on highway I get around 40 mpg. The 5 speed makes you forget this car is only 110hp. Since it is a Accent Blue the only option it had was a A/C.I just bought the basic (manual windows, locks, etc) and if it doesn't bother you,this is a car you would want to check out.

My Cute Little Hatchback
By tess on 04/13/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Love at first sight. In fact my husband asked me to go see the car personally and see how I feel about. Love the color "Ice Blue" No radio when we purchased it, but have it installed. Anyway, try one and see it for yourself......Just get the one that has a radio already built in. It's quite lonely driving when their is none. but all in all it's beautiful little car.

Cruise control issue
By frustratedinOntario on 03/29/10 07:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

When using the Cruise control rpm increase by 200-300 as opposed to using your foot to control speed. At 100 kph using your foot to control speed rpm are approx 2500. If using the Cruise option, at 100 kph the rpm are at 2800! This issue happens at all speed ranges, therefore, the vehicle does not get anywhere near the fuel mileage as advertised when using the Cruise control. Dealership finds the problem real and perplexing, Hyundai Canada says there is nothing wrong? So the consumer is stuck in the middle with no answers and no repair forthcoming. Not a very good intro to Hyundai for this first time Hyundai buyer.

Nice but viberates
By Dan on 03/18/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like it feels nice to drive, comfort, average 33mph do more hwy. as much as 38. The problem I have it has a vibration more noticeable at 58 or above, took it in to get checked they didn't know what it was, said another one had that also, was checking into it, bummer to feel that on a new car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$134 per month*