Used 2010 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Try to find a better built car for the $
By Hyundaiman

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car brand new in 8/2010. Price before taxes was $10,400. I never owned a Hyundai before, previously I've owned Subaru's. Long story short, my last car was an OB Sport SE, I put it on Autotrader & basically sold it for what I paid for it 3 years ago when it was new. I felt like saving some money given the crazy recession & decided to get a simple commuter car. Although the Subaru is a better car in every way this little Accent has been a pleasant surprise for what it is. It's sporty looking, interior is high quality, I average 40 mpg & it's crash tests are good. So far it has been reliable & I hope that I won't have to use the warranty.Heard that Hyundai service dept stinks!!

The exterior, ride, practicality, comfort and gas mileage.

The car is solidly built however there is an annoying "squeak" when I drive over medium bumps on the road. It seems like it's coming from the rear passenger side. Maybe the seat is creating this noise. Anyone else have this problem? Also, the seat belts are quite a stretch away when reaching back.

Blue 2010 Accent Blue
By Dave H

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in July 2010. Great gas mileage, especially since I use the manual transmission for fuel economy vs speed. Averaged 40 MPG for the first tank 50/50 city/highway and am presently at 45 MPG on this second tank. I use a ScangaugeII to monitor MPG as well as other information about the car as I drive.

Excellent gas mileage! Fun to drive, with the manual transmission. I test drove an automatic. Yawn. Boring!

A coolant temp gauge, rather than the "hey, idiot, you let your engine overheat!" light would be nice. The ScangaugeII shows engine temp, averaging 188F city and highway. A better design of the seat belt would help. I have to reach farther than used to get at the seat belt, and I'm 6'1".

a good buy
By dmk

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have a muscle car for the summers. Needed a winter/run around car. Was looking at used, for $11.000 the car was a steal. auto, a/c. Worry free driving and in a strange way, fun little car to drive.

The sleek slate metallic hatchback
By don

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car great everything. On a trip I got 39 mpg. Around town I get 33-34. I shift with the selector indicator for gear!

it's like driving a little European sport car and shifts well in turns.

The first thing ya wanna do is reverse the headrests. The next thing is to hope they put out a four door hatch back.

Frank Hyundai Awesome dealership,
By pashun

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Hyundai, love this little car, fun to drive, love the color ice blue, frank Hyundai is a awesome dealership, sales manager is great. Everything is centrally located, I needed to cut my payments so I traded a Toyota, (long time Toyota customer) but with all the problems with Toyota, I decided to go to Hyundai, I am a senior and just needed a car to get from point a to b, felt this would be a great car for me, like the hatchback, gets to 60 with no problems, drives smooth on freeway and takes bumps in the road nicely, got the car for 11,810 got great payments also with a $2,000 rebate. Totally happy with my new car. Test drive one you will be surprised

Smooth drive and fun to drive, love the ice blue color, a lot of pep and go, awesome

No Radio, but got one put in for 79 dollars and works great.