Used 2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Average car, nice price, good reliability.
By He!! on wheels

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

2010 is the last model year that used a 4 speed automatic transmission and I can see why. It's clunky transmission and to do 70 on the highway you are over 3k RPM's on the tachometer. NO CRUISE CONTROL - what a nightmare that is. Had I realized, I wouldn't have bought it or made them put in an after market one before I bought. It is a pretty solid car though, handles bumps well. Pretty reliable and cheap to own. I'm at abuot 65k miles and I'm the first owner.

Fun Commuter
By alessing

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned every car imaginable, F-150's, Hummer H2's, Ford Explorers, Audi's, etc. I currently own 2 Mercedes Benz and they're great cars, just not on gas. My first Accent was a company car w/ 87k miles. It was a comfortable car, great on gas, fun to drive, but severely under-powered. The auto transmission is sloppy and makes some hard shifts and cruise control isn't available. Beyond that I needed a commuter I could drive around and my son needed something too. This was perfect. My son can drive to school and work and I can go run errands. Despite the flaws, I love this car!

Factory Kenwood Stereo, Rear hatch provides ample cargo space, comfortable seats, easy to reach controls, very simple gauge cluster (as opposed to some new vehicles where it seems you need a degree just to read 'em), and lots of safety features.

Cruise control isn't available, move wiper knob back further (I bump it when I turn a lot), further folding rear seats, more modern transmission.

Very Happy With It!
By zfair89

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The sticker on the car said 14400, but they are very motivated to sell cars at Hyundai. After the trade-in of my crappy Grand AM and some rebates the car was under $10000. And it is loaded! everything except for cruise control. bought it in June of 2010 and have put close to 30k on it. great value. fun to drive. great on gas. recommend to commuters and college kids.

fun to drive. fuel economy. value!

it gets a bit squeaky over uneven surfaces and bumps.

FLIMSY DIRT MAGNET
By buggycrazy

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Falling apart in 7,000 miles, side mirror cover bumped when shoveling snow, fell off, numerous dings in plastic bumper and interior, seats do not move or fold down enough, windshield cracked at 7,000, flat windows catch all kinds of crud constantly, too low of clearance, stupid shield interferes with oil change, semi sunk windshield catches all kinds of crud and is prone to having the drain holes freeze up then there is a lake in the window, with the wipers frozen into it. The rear tail light assembly is placed where it just begs to be hit - and so it has! Charger will not charge when key is off so is useless to charge my equipment, but it is safe to leave it out on the street with the keys in it and unlocked-no one will steal it! I bought this thing to save money, and that was a mistake, since it is too fragile for normal use I will not fix anything anymore and will have to save money by not washing it, all that dirt camouflages all the other stuff that is breaking up and falling apart.

6 speakers to drown out the road noise and air conditioning, a must with the over sized hot windows

better quality windows and window design

Best Little Car!
By 2010_hyundai

2010 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

After owning my F250 Ford Crew Cab with a 460 gas burner, it has been nice to get the bleeding stopped. I looked at this car many times. I also looked at the Toyota Yaris. I kept coming back to the Accent because I felt the quality was the same and the price was better. I am so pleased with everything about this car. It drives so smooth. I love the simplicity too. I plan to have this car for a long time. It's all I need in a car. The interior has a high quality feel and look to it. Lots of little storage compartments. The back seat can fit 2 adults comfortably. I may have cruise control added later.

Gas Mileage, Looks, Great heater, Drives smooth and quiet. PRICE....

The seatbelt is located too far towards the rear. Hyundai should have located it closer to the seat so it would not be so far to reach for. This is not that big of a deal and is the ONLY thing I would suggest to improve.