2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Very Happy With It!
By zfair89 on 03/14/12 12:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The sticker on the car said 14400, but they are very motivated to sell cars at Hyundai. After the trade-in of my crappy Grand AM and some rebates the car was under $10000. And it is loaded! everything except for cruise control. bought it in June of 2010 and have put close to 30k on it. great value. fun to drive. great on gas. recommend to commuters and college kids.

FLIMSY DIRT MAGNET
By buggycrazy on 08/29/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Falling apart in 7,000 miles, side mirror cover bumped when shoveling snow, fell off, numerous dings in plastic bumper and interior, seats do not move or fold down enough, windshield cracked at 7,000, flat windows catch all kinds of crud constantly, too low of clearance, stupid shield interferes with oil change, semi sunk windshield catches all kinds of crud and is prone to having the drain holes freeze up then there is a lake in the window, with the wipers frozen into it. The rear tail light assembly is placed where it just begs to be hit - and so it has! Charger will not charge when key is off so is useless to charge my equipment, but it is safe to leave it out on the street with the keys in it and unlocked-no one will steal it! I bought this thing to save money, and that was a mistake, since it is too fragile for normal use I will not fix anything anymore and will have to save money by not washing it, all that dirt camouflages all the other stuff that is breaking up and falling apart.

Try to find a better built car for the $
By Hyundaiman on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car brand new in 8/2010. Price before taxes was $10,400. I never owned a Hyundai before, previously I've owned Subaru's. Long story short, my last car was an OB Sport SE, I put it on Autotrader & basically sold it for what I paid for it 3 years ago when it was new. I felt like saving some money given the crazy recession & decided to get a simple commuter car. Although the Subaru is a better car in every way this little Accent has been a pleasant surprise for what it is. It's sporty looking, interior is high quality, I average 40 mpg & it's crash tests are good. So far it has been reliable & I hope that I won't have to use the warranty.Heard that Hyundai service dept stinks!!

The sleek slate metallic hatchback
By don on 07/18/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car great everything. On a trip I got 39 mpg. Around town I get 33-34. I shift with the selector indicator for gear!

Frank Hyundai Awesome dealership,
By pashun on 07/08/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Hyundai, love this little car, fun to drive, love the color ice blue, frank Hyundai is a awesome dealership, sales manager is great. Everything is centrally located, I needed to cut my payments so I traded a Toyota, (long time Toyota customer) but with all the problems with Toyota, I decided to go to Hyundai, I am a senior and just needed a car to get from point a to b, felt this would be a great car for me, like the hatchback, gets to 60 with no problems, drives smooth on freeway and takes bumps in the road nicely, got the car for 11,810 got great payments also with a $2,000 rebate. Totally happy with my new car. Test drive one you will be surprised

Fast purchase!
By 2010 Accent on 07/04/10 22:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The warranty and "return if you lose your job or too sick to work" (up to 1 year) made this purchase a great deal. We test drove 2 at different dealerships and didn't hesitate on buying this. We got the 5 speed manual after reading many reviews. We drove it in city and on the freeway and it handled beautifully.

Bad Fuel Economy
By Bob on 06/18/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is driven 98% highway doing the speed limit of 55 mph to 65 mph I watch the tachometer for any major changes in engine speed. The gas mileage is not even close to the sticker. I average 30 to 32 mpg, the sticker states 37 to 43 mpg.

Still a solid value...and fun too
By Gillette on 03/07/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car for the solidness and handling, it feels like I'm driving a higher priced car. It doesn't look or feel cheap in any way. Its pretty fun to drive around town, or out of town too, and the gas mileage gets better after break-in. I wanted a car with a long warranty, but also one that would rarely need to use it. So far, I'm totally happy with my choice.

airbag problem
By sherwood brubaker on 12/22/09 15:31 PM (PST)

2010 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a GS with 2500 miles on it. I have the ABS/power package. It is a fun little car to drive, peppier than I thought it would be. I avg 31 mi/gal. The only problem is that the passenger air bag intermittently does not recognize the passenger. The dealership does not seem to be able to find the problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$134 per month*