Used 2010 Hyundai Accent Blue Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Blue 2010 Accent Blue
By Dave H

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in July 2010. Great gas mileage, especially since I use the manual transmission for fuel economy vs speed. Averaged 40 MPG for the first tank 50/50 city/highway and am presently at 45 MPG on this second tank. I use a ScangaugeII to monitor MPG as well as other information about the car as I drive.

Excellent gas mileage! Fun to drive, with the manual transmission. I test drove an automatic. Yawn. Boring!

A coolant temp gauge, rather than the "hey, idiot, you let your engine overheat!" light would be nice. The ScangaugeII shows engine temp, averaging 188F city and highway. A better design of the seat belt would help. I have to reach farther than used to get at the seat belt, and I'm 6'1".

Hu
By Hyundai

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a new 2010 Hyundai from Rock River Hyundai in Rockford, IL. I really like the car. It drives well. It's sporty looking and comfortable. I really like the option of extending the warranty to cover almost everything for 100,000 miles along w/ the powertrain coverage. I just purchased the car this Saturday so I'm just beginning the journey. I worked w/ wonderful people at Rock River Ford especially Pat Carter so I have assurance of good people standing behind their product. That's a good feeling. Thanks Hyundai for standing behind your product!

This is my first 2 door. Amazed at the room! I can get my bike in the back w/out taking the front wheel off! I can never get back on when I take it off so for me this is a big deal! I'll be able to do so much more w/ the car. I really like the 2 tone interior and the pin stripe.

I would change the head rests. They are not comfortable. They have your head so far forward that it's not comfortable. Your body is out of alignment. The seat needs to be redesigned. The curve on the ends of the seat cause my shoulders to go forward instead of back in the natural position.

I am happy with my Blue Hyundai Accent
By David Sumner

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2010 Accent is a well designed, well priced commute car. After owning 4 Toyota vehicles (i.e., Camry, Tercel, Echo, Yaris) I took my chances and bought a Hyundai Accent. Hyundai Accent is a surprisingly nice car for a very low price. Has a good design, and is roomy inside, and very fuel efficient. I strongly recommend it to first time car buyers, college students, those who need an economical second car for long commute,and young drivers. It is well worth the price you pay, and if it lasts like my past cars, I will be very very happy with my choice.

Hatchback, creates a cargo space that is easily accesible and has a lot of room for loading and moving various items.

make a good sound system standard equipment on all Hyundai vehicles, specially Accent.

Nice. Better than I expected
By micmel2

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. I previously drove a Dodge Caravan, so driving this is like night and day. I like to drive small cars because it is easier for me to maneuver. Nice response. I haven't filled my tank yet, but I'm down to 1/4 tank left after driving 280 miles. Fairly inexpensive to insure because of the front and rear crumple safety zones. Very comfortable seats.

Handling, quick response, good mpg, split fold down seats, tachometer, storage lid, all-around simplicity. Simple, less things to go wrong.

Temperature gauge. Radio would be nice, but I understand the tradeoff of keeping the price of the vehicle down.

Little car with a HUGE bang!
By Geminijcm

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying a new car I test drove a Civic, Mazda 3, Corolla, and the Accent. This has been the best car I have owned for the price. It was 9,970 and I drove it off the lot for about 10,500. I have owned it for about 6 months now and it amazes more each day what this car offers. It has space in front seats and back, and even the trunk is just... huge! I average about 36 mpg on both Highway and City, but if I drive mostly on highway I get around 40 mpg. The 5 speed makes you forget this car is only 110hp. Since it is a Accent Blue the only option it had was a A/C.I just bought the basic (manual windows, locks, etc) and if it doesn't bother you,this is a car you would want to check out.

Price, value, space, MPG, and the compliments people give on this car.

For the value of the price, I really can't think of one.