2009 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Love This Car
By David on 05/22/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for your dollars! Not only does it look good but it is fun and easy to drive. Has most everything you'll need and the automatic transmission is a nice change from having to shift in traffic. Corners easily, good performance all the way around. Plenty of room front and back. Controls easy to reach and operate. I cannot find anything that I don't like about this vehicle! I compared two other vehicles in the same class and in the end the Accent won out. The GS 2 door hatch back with the auto trans/ac package is a great buy. Compare it and you'll see! Had a very minor issue with a 'rattle', and the dealer took care of it quickly.

By tonda on 05/19/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a another good car I had a Hyundai before and I loved it so I went back for another and iam glad I did the hatchback is wonderful and I love the way it drives it handles very good. It has a lot of room the truck space and inside is big. I am very pleased with my car.

new GLS Accent 2009 manual
By kisiel on 05/12/09 12:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed second car, so we decided to buy something small and fuel efficient. So the most important for me was fuel economy, I did not care about others "comforts". So after two months I have to admit economy is good, when I am not speeding (average 50 mph) accent is doing about 37 mpg! I read editors review here on Edmunds and I knew that accent does not belong to demons of speed, but I am fine with this. So car let say is ok, worth money I gave, but I would do more improvements: 1) put smaller engine (1.4l) so they will beat Toyota in fuel efficiency 2) I do not really like in this car gear stick is not smooth and is hard to change gear, Hyundai schould work on this in manuals.

A lot of Value at a Very Reasonable Cost
By Edward on 05/07/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We test drove several other popular cars and didn't expect the Accent to be the one we choose, but one test drive and we were sold. We wanted a fuel efficient car that would last well beyond the payments and this one was certainly a consideration for us. We wanted a car that was quiet and comfortable to drive. With a seat height that is higher than the competition's and very surprisingly fun to drive handling characteristics, this was the one liked the most.

Great car with Warranty
By trevor on 03/20/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

great little car for the money. Great mpg. Performance isn't the greatest but for a 4 cylinder it does good. There is tons of room on the inside of the car. One thing that I did was get tinted windows. car looks alot better.

Good things in small packages
By Hako on 03/13/09 04:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for 8 days, but I am totally in love with it.....more so than any car I've owned. Funny thing was, I didn't expect to be. I figured it was a nice looking, decent fuel economy and great warranty. I was stunned when the car arrived at the dealership. It was way more beautiful than the internet pics, and the interior seemed upscale in rich, textured black. The car itself is Ebony Black. I love the 16 inch alloy rims, satellite radio, and the B&m short-shifter. I assumed this car would be a yawn to drive. Wrong again. It has snappy acceleration, and is grippy through the turns. I am totally happy with my choice, and grin every time I sit in this cute car.

Happy with purchase
By Chris on 12/28/08 09:30 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this 2009 accent and I could not be happier. This car is not my primary vehicle, its just a around town vehicle and for my 17yr old son to use to school and work. The outside body design makes it look like a more expensive vehicle. I was also surprised by the get up and go from the 1.6L engine. I'm 6-4 and have plenty of head room. I do have to put the seat all the way back and tilt the back, but over all I feel comfortable.

starting out new
By joseph a colombo jr. on 11/28/08 17:36 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive you can zip around in parking lots and it fits anywhere. There is lots of room, I am a large guy and I fit in her fine. It rides Nice on the road, very smooth. I think they could of put a little more sound deafening inside the fenders and rear quarters. There is a little road noise. All in all this car is cool. Try it I think you will like it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$132 per month*