Used 2009 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Perfect car
By fred

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2005 Accent (that I bought new also) on this car a year ago. This car is even better than the 2005 was. Solid quality in and out, superb warranty, fun to drive, economical, and sharp-looking. I love the hatchback. My wife and I just returned from a 4000 mile vacation with no problems. For the trip, I removed the rear seats to make even more cargo room! Fantastic automobile that handles very well.

Warranty, hatchback, cost.

Seats are not as comfortable as my 2005 model was.

Weekend Rental
By Gravedigger83

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Although I didn't buy the Accent like everyone else here, I did get the chance to drive it long distance for a summer weekend. At first glance, I really enjoyed the dark blue color which made the Accent a handsome car. My renter didn't have many options, just a CD player, AC and automatic transmission. But the CD player was impressive. For something that's sticker price tops out in the 13k range, I was quite surprised with a few things like quietness, bump absorption, pickup and handling that rivaled cars outside of its price class. My only real gripe was its lack of ABS. I had to do a panic stop in the rain and I wasn't sure if I was going to stop in time.

CD Player, fuel economy, quite ride and zippy handling.

Add ABS to the brakes, having a car in 2010 without them is pretty ridiculous. The nosedive when you slam on the brakes only makes it worse. The reach for the radio and the AC is a little far.

Good, but with Issues
By Dave

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Accent a few months ago and I really like driving it more and more each day I get in it. The car is loaded with features. The issues I have are: 1) the cruise control hesitates when first set, 2) the tranny downshifts at the slightest incline (at some interstate overpasses at 78 mph and at some bridges at 35 MPG, I never know when it may downshift), 3) it spits out gas at the end of every fill-up no matter how slow I fill it, and 4) I am a very slow driver (everyone passes me off the start), but I only get 25 MPG in town and 30 MPG at 75 mph on the freeway. Since I bought this car used, I'm concerned it may have been damaged. Although, it did have a clear carfax.

Fun to drive and loaded with plenty of features. xm radio, cruise, abs, ice cold air, pwr locks, windows, mirrors, auto headlights, etc!

Get the advertised MPG, too quick to downshift, cruise control delay, better gas tank vent, and needs a trunk release button on the key fob.

Pleased with my purchase but ...
By Norm

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I was very pleased with my purchase. This little car gets decent gas mileage (I drive 100 miles a day.) I'd like more MPG. I was concerned to find a bit of body rust that wasn't noticed when the car was being detailed for my purchase. The sport suspension is really great here in the mountains.

Suspension. Sound system.

gas economy.

Little Beast
By sssss

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a week ago, and so far it's been great, except for the fact that the car shakes while braking around 45 mph, and the tires lost pressure after a week so the low tire pressure light came on(but hey, at least there IS a warning light). i am taking it to the dealer this week to resolve those issues. Other than that, i love it. its so fun to drive, and i like the way the gears click into place and how easy the clutch is. i do wish it had cruise control and power locks, but it's the base model and was cheap. I was very impressed when i test drove it, the ride is great for such a cheap car. also the mp3 jack is awesome

armrest, mp3 jack, sunglasses holder, simple interior layout, etc.

make ABS standard. i actually had no idea it didn't have ABS until today, when the brakes locked as a skidded to a stop, also the interior plastic is cheap and it already scratched, and the factory tires seem cheap too. I would add a sixth gear, because the RPM at 60 mph is 3000 and that's high