2009 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
excellent buy...
By Vinayak on 08/22/09 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Could not be more happier buying this car. Its very sturdy and holds very well on freeway about 70-80mph. Drives very well within city too. get about 28mpg within city and 30-32 mpg on highway (mostly because of no cruise control). Excellent second car to have. Very spacious too, can easily fit 4 people.

Lovin' the mpg!
By tinybubbles on 08/17/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

got this car with the C4C (cash for clunkers) $4500 that I got for my 1998 Isuzu Rodeo. What a deal! This car is great for the money spent. LOVE the way it handles and I get 33mpg in mixed city/hwy driving. Can't beat that. Odd mix of features - has power windows, power locks, low tire pressure indicator, six airbags but no cruise control! Overall I can't complain - the warranty is great, too. Take a serious look at this car especially if you're doing the C4C deal.

Traded a Clunker
By JAC on 08/16/09 21:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just got the vehicle yesterday and put almost 200 miles on it the first day. Traded in a piece of trash and got $4500 from Cash for Clunkers and $1500 Factory Incentive. Sticker price was $16,184 (Dealer added $299 for tint) and I paid $9,060 (plus tax, title & license). For $9,000 you can't beat it. It's not fast off the line, but once you get going, it goes great. It was almost hard to keep it at 75 on the freeway as it drove effortlessly at 80 and 85. A 6 foot driver and 2 6 foot passengers in the back all had enough room, although the seats are not as soft and comfortable as a more expensive model. You can't go wrong with this car if you can pick it up cheap.

a true suprise
By thrilled on 08/08/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for nothing more than fuel economy. I took a real leap of faith in that I only saw a picture because the dealer had none in inventory, also never test drove the car. When I picked it up it was more than I imagined, it had a great look both exterior and the interior was much better than I thought it would be. Seats and int. Color is beautiful stereo is fantastic XM is fantastic (3 months free ) car drives very well handles nicely and all for 8 out the door. Car has a desert pkg and all floor matsonly complaint is dealership refused to give the $1.49 gas deal. This is a definate surprise never expected this car to be this good. Keep thinking they delivered wrong car

By tusker on 08/07/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have been looking at small cars for a year and ended up with the accent. I went from a Yukon to this and love it. The front is just as roomy as my Yukon was and it is a lot more fun to drive. The mpg is fantastic and it looks good too. Going up steep hills can take some patients but it is a small 4 banger so what do you expect? for the money, it is a great buy and Hyundai is what Toyota used to be. You cant go wrong. Not a lot of extra features, but I knew that going into it. It is even easy to drive on the interstate with it. I have not owned it that long, but I like it more and more every day.

Good expectations, Great results!
By Stephen on 08/07/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Love the Hyundai Accent! Needed a new car after wearing out a very good Subaru but did not want to pay the high price for another Subaru. Looked at Hyundai since they are affordable and reliable. Liked the styling of the Accent hatchback and the fact that it did not come with a bunch of gadgets that will eventually break. Test drove and immediately knew this was the car for me. Though not a Ferarri with acceleration it gets to speed well enough. The car is quiet and rides very well. You get a little suspension noise over large bumps but the ride is very stable. Get the A/C - it is nice and cold. Controls are well laid out and easy to reach. Surprisingly very roomy for a small car.

Am a Honda guy, but bought the Hyundai!!
By MikeK! on 08/05/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't even want a new car, but when the government came out with it's new middle-class welfare program (Cash for Clunkers) I said what the heck, I'll go spend some of my own tax dollars. I wanted a cheap, cheap car and thought of the Hyundai's, Kia's, etc. The Honda's and Toyota's were still too pricey for me even after the 4500 cash. Well, I came across the Hyundai Accent GLS and that was it. This car is nice, not cheap. I'm 6'4 and I fit just fine. Get one w/o a radio and install your own, all the wiring/speakers are already installed. Took me 20 minutes to put a great radio in. Keep up w/ the maintenance and the warranty won't let you down. GO BUY ONE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

What a surprise
By GL Brink on 07/31/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving large cars all my life but being retired I needed to save on gas. What a car, this little Accent drives great, has head room for my cowboy hat, accessory holders, great radio/CD player, goes around curves like a BMW, less noise interior than my old caddy, drives by gas stations on trips, we love our light green color, air conditioning cold as ice, leg room for my 6'1" 250 lbs and comfortable in drivers seat, Took my granddaughter to lunch and she had plenty of room in rear seat next to the groceries and half dropped back seat. What a bargain for the price. As you can see we love it.

Quality and Value
By Jim from Richmond on 07/09/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun, comfortable, drivable car! Lots of room for the driver and front passenger. The radio (XM) and CD are way beyond anything expected. Handles well, responds surefootedly, and peppy. Used the gov't. "Cash for Clunkers" program ($4,500) and a $1,500 dealer rebate, which covered half of the vehicle cost (before state sales tax and transportation). You will love the car even more when gas goes back up to $4.00 or more per gallon. Go get one today.

Love This Car
By David on 05/22/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for your dollars! Not only does it look good but it is fun and easy to drive. Has most everything you'll need and the automatic transmission is a nice change from having to shift in traffic. Corners easily, good performance all the way around. Plenty of room front and back. Controls easy to reach and operate. I cannot find anything that I don't like about this vehicle! I compared two other vehicles in the same class and in the end the Accent won out. The GS 2 door hatch back with the auto trans/ac package is a great buy. Compare it and you'll see! Had a very minor issue with a 'rattle', and the dealer took care of it quickly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$132 per month*