2009 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Solid built and fun to drive.
By mamitchell on 08/25/09 07:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Accent primarily for daily commute duties. I have put about 1000 miles on car so far and it has been a pleasure to drive. The soft suspension provides a comfortable ride. Wind, suspension and engine noise are well controlled. The 1.6L engine and automatic transmission provide adequate power for my needs. The interior is roomy for the car size and looks nice for an economy car. Gas mileage is ~26 mpg with only in town driving and 40+ mpg with pure freeway driving.

I love my bella
By Kayla on 08/25/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 4 days ago. I love it it's a perfect car for me. Gas is cheap. I have a daughter and its very easy to get her in and out. 5 speed is deff. Fun and easy to shift. It is all I wanted and more in a car. I was going to get the tc but they didn't have any and I thought lets try here and I'm so happy I did. Also I have the blue tooth and its amazing =]. The warranty is amazing too by the time its over I'll have a new car so its a Peace at mind. I love my car.

excellent buy...
By Vinayak on 08/22/09 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Could not be more happier buying this car. Its very sturdy and holds very well on freeway about 70-80mph. Drives very well within city too. get about 28mpg within city and 30-32 mpg on highway (mostly because of no cruise control). Excellent second car to have. Very spacious too, can easily fit 4 people.

Lovin' the mpg!
By tinybubbles on 08/17/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

got this car with the C4C (cash for clunkers) $4500 that I got for my 1998 Isuzu Rodeo. What a deal! This car is great for the money spent. LOVE the way it handles and I get 33mpg in mixed city/hwy driving. Can't beat that. Odd mix of features - has power windows, power locks, low tire pressure indicator, six airbags but no cruise control! Overall I can't complain - the warranty is great, too. Take a serious look at this car especially if you're doing the C4C deal.

Traded a Clunker
By JAC on 08/16/09 21:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just got the vehicle yesterday and put almost 200 miles on it the first day. Traded in a piece of trash and got $4500 from Cash for Clunkers and $1500 Factory Incentive. Sticker price was $16,184 (Dealer added $299 for tint) and I paid $9,060 (plus tax, title & license). For $9,000 you can't beat it. It's not fast off the line, but once you get going, it goes great. It was almost hard to keep it at 75 on the freeway as it drove effortlessly at 80 and 85. A 6 foot driver and 2 6 foot passengers in the back all had enough room, although the seats are not as soft and comfortable as a more expensive model. You can't go wrong with this car if you can pick it up cheap.

a true suprise
By thrilled on 08/08/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for nothing more than fuel economy. I took a real leap of faith in that I only saw a picture because the dealer had none in inventory, also never test drove the car. When I picked it up it was more than I imagined, it had a great look both exterior and the interior was much better than I thought it would be. Seats and int. Color is beautiful stereo is fantastic XM is fantastic (3 months free ) car drives very well handles nicely and all for 8 out the door. Car has a desert pkg and all floor matsonly complaint is dealership refused to give the $1.49 gas deal. This is a definate surprise never expected this car to be this good. Keep thinking they delivered wrong car

By tusker on 08/07/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have been looking at small cars for a year and ended up with the accent. I went from a Yukon to this and love it. The front is just as roomy as my Yukon was and it is a lot more fun to drive. The mpg is fantastic and it looks good too. Going up steep hills can take some patients but it is a small 4 banger so what do you expect? for the money, it is a great buy and Hyundai is what Toyota used to be. You cant go wrong. Not a lot of extra features, but I knew that going into it. It is even easy to drive on the interstate with it. I have not owned it that long, but I like it more and more every day.

Good expectations, Great results!
By Stephen on 08/07/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Love the Hyundai Accent! Needed a new car after wearing out a very good Subaru but did not want to pay the high price for another Subaru. Looked at Hyundai since they are affordable and reliable. Liked the styling of the Accent hatchback and the fact that it did not come with a bunch of gadgets that will eventually break. Test drove and immediately knew this was the car for me. Though not a Ferarri with acceleration it gets to speed well enough. The car is quiet and rides very well. You get a little suspension noise over large bumps but the ride is very stable. Get the A/C - it is nice and cold. Controls are well laid out and easy to reach. Surprisingly very roomy for a small car.

Am a Honda guy, but bought the Hyundai!!
By MikeK! on 08/05/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't even want a new car, but when the government came out with it's new middle-class welfare program (Cash for Clunkers) I said what the heck, I'll go spend some of my own tax dollars. I wanted a cheap, cheap car and thought of the Hyundai's, Kia's, etc. The Honda's and Toyota's were still too pricey for me even after the 4500 cash. Well, I came across the Hyundai Accent GLS and that was it. This car is nice, not cheap. I'm 6'4 and I fit just fine. Get one w/o a radio and install your own, all the wiring/speakers are already installed. Took me 20 minutes to put a great radio in. Keep up w/ the maintenance and the warranty won't let you down. GO BUY ONE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

What a surprise
By GL Brink on 07/31/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving large cars all my life but being retired I needed to save on gas. What a car, this little Accent drives great, has head room for my cowboy hat, accessory holders, great radio/CD player, goes around curves like a BMW, less noise interior than my old caddy, drives by gas stations on trips, we love our light green color, air conditioning cold as ice, leg room for my 6'1" 250 lbs and comfortable in drivers seat, Took my granddaughter to lunch and she had plenty of room in rear seat next to the groceries and half dropped back seat. What a bargain for the price. As you can see we love it.