2009 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Accidentally Got The Best
By Happy Hyundai Owner on 12/28/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Base 09 Accent Coupe because it was half the cost of my 1st choice, the Honda Fit. However, the longer I drive the Accent, the more I feel it's the best choice I could've made. I've even come to love the apple green color. It has an amazing amount of room inside - I went from a GMC Jimmy and have had little trouble adapting, space-wise. The exterior design is simple, clean and well- proportioned; I think it's one of the best-looking cars on the road. It handles and drives like a sports car, feels like an extension of my body: I think, it responds. Very solid, well- made car, reminds me of an MGB-GT I once had (without the constant repairs!).

Fun to drive- great mpg!
By HollyG on 11/23/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Accent this summer, and am completely thrilled with my purchase! I changed careers, and now drive quite a bit, thus making the Accent a perfect fit. It fit my budget, and I ended up paying $11,000 for my little car. Since I drive into rural areas, I purchased the XM/MP3 package, and I'm pleased with it- I've not lost a signal yet! One thing that I miss however, is cruise control. It was not an option with the 5-speeds that were on the lot. I would imagine that I'd get even better mileage with cruise. :)

Better than expected
By W. Henry on 11/22/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

4 months of usage and the first 4,737 miles used 122.75 gallons of gas for 38.59mpg and I had to round for the JD Powers survey so it rounded to 39mpg. Course, I only use the first quarter inch on the gas pedal and park behind the slow moving trucks on the freeway. I think this is the least expensive car sold in America and to get 39mpg--this car is a steal. My son thinks that Korea is building the best cars for the price just like the Japanese companies did when they first started. They are trying harder. I'm not just comparing it to my last car, a 1981 Rabbit diesel, but also w rental cars such as the sporty Cadillac and a Mercedes that I owned in 1970. I didn't get AC.

Money well spent
By Azawon on 11/15/09 14:16 PM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was also looking at other cars when I stumbled on the Accent SE. I'm so glad I did, because I really couldn't decide between the 10 cars I had on my list. There was always something wrong, or missing. Either the price was too high, or the warranty too short, or I just couldn't fall in love with the car's styling. I had never considered a subcompact, but reluctantly started looking at them. I was intrigued with the Accent SE. It had a lot of nice features, and was sporty to boot. It's so much fun to drive, and has been solid and comfortable. This car gets many looks in traffic, from all angles, by drivers slyly checking it out. It is very sharp in Ebony black, and stands out.

FIRST BRAND NEW CAR
By TOM FROM PA on 11/03/09 06:56 AM (PST)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased vehicle through a chain of dealerships I work for. I was looking at the Hyundai accent, the Suzuki sx-4, and the Nissan versa. I loved the accent's looks and all the features it had for the money. The versa and sx-4 where way more money for a comparably equipped car. The only thing they had on the accent was more room (but they are four doors) and the Suzuki has all wheel drive. The performance in all three cars was almost identical, but in the end the car with the better looks and the better warranty won me over. I have owned it for less than a week and have put 1000 miles on it. I can't get over this car. I smile every time I get in it. No buyers remorse here!

New Owner
By PDR on 10/21/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter has a 2000 Accent and is wonderful. My wife has driven an Elantra for 5 years and it has been bullet proof. I just purchased an Accent and it drive great. PDR

Best Value out there!
By Christopher on 10/18/09 06:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I must admit i was a little skeptical about Hyundai at first. However, my dads 2004 elantra has 270,000 miles on it before the oil pump went and blew the engine. That said i decided for my job to get a el cheapo accent base, no ac, no radio (i installed one myself), and a 5 sp manual tranny. I only paid after tax title license $11,325 with a 20 yr powertrain warranty, yes a 20 yr, from Rick Case. I average 33-41 MPG per tank. Clutch is smooth, drivability is fun, and the best part of it is the price. I have 12000 miles on this car with no issues. I cant say enough about this little fun car, except I highly recommend this vehicle!

Comfy, efficient, cute, SE is a good buy
By thepod on 09/11/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Accent SE six weeks ago and have put 1900 miles on it since. I was looking for efficiency, reliabiltiy, cargo space, and a little bit of cuteness. I got all of that plus ABS, cruise, a decent stereo system with 3 months of XM included, a sunroof, and reasonably comfy seats. As to be expectied, it's not monstrously powerful, but I can merge onto the freeway or climb a hill comfortably, albeit a bit noisily. When not laboring in one of those situations, the engine runs quietly and smoothly. It corners well, stops well and doesn't feel too mushy. I would have preferred an MT, but the AT was in stock so I went for it. Interior is laid out logically. Overall, a good value.

Good subcompact
By JD on 09/08/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought under cash for clunkers. Was looking for inexpensive car with good fuel economy. Got a surprisingly comfortable little car. I don't think anyone could beat the bang for the buck.

Gas milage and pep too
By Roger Rabbit on 08/29/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I can't really believe the gas we're getting! When the wife drives it she's getting 33-35 mpg in town! I get over 30. I was totally surprised when on a trip to Oregon, We averaged 39.8 mpg!! The car has all the warranty and with the factory rebate we only paid 12k. The wife and I couldn't be happier!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Hyundai Accent in VA is:

$133 per month*