2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Too Good To Be True?

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Too Good To Be True?
By rkesten on

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 Hyundai Accent with only 32k miles on it bout a month ago. it is still under warranty for about another year and a half and I gained incentives from the dealership that covers then engine for the entire time I own the car. I'm sure glad I have the warranty becuase tomorrow I have to bring the car in to be looked at. For the past few days the check engine light flashes on, and slows down while doing so. This only happens on my way to work (I have even let my car warm up to see if this works--it did not). Also, the transmition is slow. When i shift from reverse to drive, it has a pretty decently long delay. I find this almost dangerous if I need to back up and drive qucikly.

I love the interior of the car, it is very comfortable, perfect for a shorter person (I am 5ft 1in with short legs). I have been able to fit many things in the car, as I have recently moved and packed my car to the max..it held more than my 1999 Saturn Station Wagon did. I am very satisfied by the space and comfort of the inside. I also love how well my AC works and my sterio system.

Transistion needs improving, engine needs some improvements as well. The gas tank is very small, I am supposed to get more gas per gallon, but its hard to tell, I need to get gas so often!