2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Very good car

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/XM Option)

Very good car
By ahtoh1 on

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Got it new. Now has 110,000KM. Few minor issues that dealer repaired no problem. Overall quality of the car is very good. I would advise to drop it off at the dealer for a full checkup just before warranty runs out. On my car the bracket that holds exhaust pipe rutted out and i did not notice after warranty ran out. I really like the look of the car. I owned 1986 excel, then first and second generation of Accent and now 3rd generation Accent. 3rd generation is almost perfect.

Favorite Features

Looks great. Build quality is very good. However i did pay $21,000 for the top of the line trim. Very good on gas. Turbo easy to park. When going 150km/h it does not feel like you a are flying a broom. Feels very confident.

Suggested Improvements

I got a sport model. Definitely do not like stiff suspension. I wish dealer would explain me that Sport = Stiff. Fuel economy can be improved. Use the direct injection and give CVT (transmission). Nissan uses that tranny for small cars. If Hyundai puts a diesel in their small and mid cars, i will flip out and get a new one. My wife on the other had love Gen 3 design and does not like gen 4 look.