2008 Hyundai Accent 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/XM Option Consumer Review - Love this car!

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/XM Option)

Love this car!
By Meghan on

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in September '08 as a replacement for my previous car, a '96 Saturn SL2. I test drove this car and the Yaris before ultimately purchasing the Accent. The Yaris felt narrow while the Accent felt much wider, and has a warranty that can't be beat, for a couple thousand dollars less. There have been mixed reviews about gas mileage but I am averaging 30mpg with the manual. This car turns on a dime, and I have gotten TONS of compliments about how cute the car is. (Tango Red - looks much better in real life than on the website). The shifter isn't as smooth as the Yaris, but all in all I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Turning radius, gas mileage, interior is roomy despite small size. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control, engine revs a bit high at 65 - I can only imagine what the gas mileage would be if this thing revved lower! Also better visibility out of the rear. It isn't perfect, but it's probably the best bang for your buck in the compact, super cheap category.