FAIL CAR and Dealerships
By bamagurl251 on
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)
This is the email I just finished writing Hyundai about their 'Accent' and a dealership I am working with! My step-father Dale purchased an 2008, Nordic White, Hyundai Accent from Palmer's Airport Hyundai as a gift for me back in late August early September 2008. I was in an accident in November 2008 where the seat belt snapped out of the safety position, the front end was shoved into the rear cradle suspension, all because the car failed to brake going 10 miles per hour and instead of hitting on coming traffic I swerved still hitting the brakes that did not work into an small median out in front of my place of business. My arm was shoved through the windshield as the air bag deployed late, and was sliced by the seat belt across my chest. I had the car repaired, and because it was new they would not total the car. After several thousand miles of travel to and from Florida on business, I began having transmission problems, the dealership replaced the transmission, and then the alternator went out and was replaced again. Following that 2008-2009 winter, the transmission went out again in the summer, I had the car taken into a different dealership (EASTERN SHORE HYUNDAI) in which the car was not purchased the first time for the the first transmission. Starting in 2008 problems began with the dealership (Palmer's Airport Hyundai). I am writing this because not only did I have an issue with your 'Road side assistance' that I have addressed in a previous E-mail, I have had several issues with the car and the dealership in which the car was purchased from. In 2009 when my transmission and alternator was replaced by the dealership, I lost my job because the dealership would not grant me a rental vehicle. In 2009 I also had issues with the radiator that was not damaged in the above stated crash and the dealership was to replace it. Instead the dealership replaced the hoses on the radiator as it was leaking profusely on to the ground. Again in 2010 following another problem with the car 'the ignition and belt' I had another transmission failure and was replaced for a third time. This time it was taken to Palmer's for the second time for a transmission from this dealership. When I received the car, my gas had been ran out, there was a food receipt that did not belong to me or anyone that I knew, and the AC unit had been re-wired to that when you turned it on hot was cold and cold was hot. Thinking that perhaps the car had no anti-freeze I placed some in the car, low and behold, it was not the anti-freeze, it was the doings of the mechanics at the shop at Palmer's Airport Hyundai. Following the crisscrossed AC unit and transmission issue being taken up with Palmer's Airport Hyundai, I began having brake troubles, even with new brakes where when I went over bumps my car would not stop I had to STAND in my drivers seat and put full weight on the breaks to make the car stop. I took the car into Palmer's and they reported back to me that nothing was wrong with the car. Again the gas in my car was on FULL when it was taken in and when returned to me the GAS was below 3/4 of a tank. Fine, I took the car to FIRESTONE and had brakes and tires replaced and still the car was not grasping the full effect of 'STOP'. At this point I noticed that I did not any longer need to push the release button on my Emergency break that it just all of the sudden comes up. I let it go seeing as how Palmer's kept informing me nothing was wrong with the car. Also in 2010 there was an cylinder miss fire and the car was not firing on all cylinders only three, and a gasket had busted off in the vehicle that took Palmer's nearly 4 weeks to repair, when they informed me it would take a week and they would be able to fix it within the week and release the car to me. Low and behold I waited nearly 4 weeks for my car to be returned to me. Between that time my mother and I both called for check-ups on the car, and nobody could give us a straight answer. 2011 - My step Father signed the car over to me in November and the car was taken back into Palmer's due to a leak and the hoses where repaired and the car was returned to me fine no problems. Following this last visit to Palmer's Airport Hyundai where the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT was on and there was a fluid leak in the vehicle coming from SOMEWHERE that I nor 2 other family members could find out where, TODAY the car was returned to me again with an 'There is no problems with the car.' That was a total Lie. When I started the car in the parking lot of Palmer's Airport Hyundai it began to rattle like a tin can full of marbles. I know this is not normal for my car at all!!!! I started my car down the road heading towards home, and I kept hearing this high pitched noise and it sounded like my car had an JET ENGINE placed inside of the driving compartment. This is not and NEVER was normal for my vehicle. Instead of Palmer's FIXING my vehicle they have once again messed it up. The car was never ran which they stated they did, the gas tank was still on full just as I had left it. I was expecting like normal for the gas in my car to be GONE when I take it into Palmer's. The car now sits in my driveway as we try to think of an alternative to the broken vehicle and I refuse to take it back into Palmer's Airport Hyundai. I am very unsatisfied with the vehicle and I am very unsatisfied by the work that this DEALERSHIP has done. I have never in all my life ever seen so much failure in supposed 'certified technician's ' While the service providers are friendly, they continue to mess up my car. I would seriously like some compensation for this or some sort of alternative from you the company of Hyundai. Im really fed up. Im irritated with the car, I am irritated with the company that SOLD the car too me, and I am irritated with the problems I am having and the 118.00$ they want to charge me for junk they will just mess up again.
By jaygryph
on 11/15/14 11:35 AM (PST)

My suggestion would be for you to take the vehicle by a local Schucks or Autozone, or whatever auto parts place is regional to you. There they can do a free scan-tool diagnostic check on the often overlooked sub-computer which is located in the steering column. An ID (Information:Driving) code will be displayed. After the troubles you've had I can almost guarantee it will throw a 10t code. Armed with this information you can confidently return to the dealership and inform them the problem they couldn't track down is in fact a ID10t behind the wheel. Letting them know this will allow them to quickly get you sorted out. Hope this helps. :)