Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Horrible Car
By Not So Happy

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the car for 1 year and almost every 2 months it is in the shop. The check engine light is always & the engine is misfiring. Have had to coils replaced. They always say "sometimes these things happen & we'll get it taken care of." The car is 1year old, should have no problems. I would seriously reconsider my options before buying this car. A bus is more dependable. Thank goodness for a second car.

Gas mileage.

Redesign the engine!!!

Doing great so far!
By frostie_troll

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my aging '98 Saturn just under a year ago, and it has been a great car so far. I was looking for basic transportation with a couple of extras, and that's exactly what I got. With the Accent, I get good gas mileage, reliability, freezing cold A/C even on the hottest Texas days, good looking body style (girls tell me it's "cute"), solid feel, excellent warranty, crazy tight turning radius, XM radio (LOVE the XM!), ample room for my 5'8" self and all my camera equipment, and I can almost pick it up and put it in my pocket after I reach my destination. My only complaint right now is the poor visibility in the hatchback when checking lanes before a lane change.

XM radio, efficiency, cold as ice A/C, attractive styling, and you can park it just about anywhere.

Cruise control would be very nice (as others have stated), and for the hatchback it would be nice the rear side windows could pop out at the back for added ventilation.

Great Runner
By NATIONofLEAFS

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car not too long ago, but have nothing but good things to say. For the money you pay you get alot of car. You can't expect too much but it does the job great. So far no complaints.

CD Player, auxiliary jack for i-pod, comfortable seats, and design.

interior quality is good but not great. Not enough rear leg room but can't expect much from a small hatchback.

great little car
By drumthumper

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Accent to replace a 2000 Saturn that failed me only after not even a year. I drive over 100 miles a day and this has been a good car for that. I have had the check engine light on a couple of times for a random misfire but it goes out after a couple of starts (I did have the dealer check this and they said it should be fine). I compared this with a Yaris and found the Yaris was more expensive considering the features (and warranty). It is not the most comfortable car but again I drive a long distance each day. I would and have recommended this car as a cheap commuter (though I could have gotten it even for less if I could have been able to wait a few more months).

the styling

the handling in emergency situations. This can be a bit squirly in hard braking situations.

In one word "crap"
By na

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new vehicle. I was looking for something with good warranty , fit in my budget, good gas mileage. I got some of that . I have had it for a short time and its been in the shop more times than i would like to count. I would not recommend this car and will never buy anything from Hyundai again.

Everything