2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:
Great Car
By kevperro2 on 09/14/08 15:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for a month and no regrets. It is what it is. A small efficient car that is inexpensive to buy, own and operate. In addition to that the car is well put together. It feels tight with everything working the way it should. Hyundai has really closed the gap with the Japanese. I am VERY happy with this purchase.

Great Value
By kevperro on 09/11/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only 1000 miles on her but I'm extremely happy with the car. It isn't a fast car but feels very well built, is fun to drive and is extremely high-value. I drove all the competition and liked the Accent for both the interior layout, quality feel, conservative design and price. It was a good $4500 cheaper than the Honda Fit. Gas mileage was 36 MPG on first tank with mostly highway driving. In town driving on 2nd tank was down around 31 MPG. That could improve with break-in, airing up the tires and synthetic oil. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase. Hyundai has made incredible strides in quality. Fit/finish is as good or better than the Japanese cars.

2008 accent big gas saver
By iner9 on 09/07/08 00:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for commuting in the NYC area I own a 07 silverado its a Nice truck but too much fuel this 08 accent took care of that its a pleasure to drive love the radio XM the air its always ice cold 6 airbags love the warranty had to pay extra for my gm one its a Nice car for the price got mine for 13,500 had pinstripe on it front rear mats cargo net and rear cargo mat thanks Hyundai keep up the good work got 600 miles on it no problems.

Kurt 2008 accent GS
By khardiman77 on 09/03/08 15:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent SE 2dr Hatchback w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have to get use to the small engine but it runs great on the highway it will run with some of the best out there on the highway with know problems at all.

First tank of Gas
By Eugene on 08/18/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Good first impression, 1st fill up was pleasant surprise, 33.6MPG. How above 400 miles logged, Tried a 100 mile trip to see how it rides. All seems good, but the radio has a shorter range than my other vehicles. Have to try all the seat adjustments to see which like better. Good all around vision. Vehicle is hard to seen by others.

Lug at low speed
By Joe on 08/14/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

While I do enjoy the fuel efficiency and it is comfortable for 6 ft tall man to drive for extended periods, I found that right after you have to decelerate for traffic and then try to pick up the pace, the transfer lugs sometimes. Go with a manual for stop and go traffic.

what do you expect?
By boofus on 08/10/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Don't misunderstand my title, I love this car. But it does what it is supposed to well. If I expected heated mirrors, seats, navigation, chrome wheels, etc. I would have purchased a Cadillac. I wanted an inexpensive, comfortable commuter that gets good gas mileage. I love XM radio so that was a surprise and the fact it has curtain airbags is a surprising benefit. That's extra with the other mfgs. I must admit you have to be very deliberate when driving it, 0-60 in 13sec. Does not a dragster make! But once up to speed it does fine.

Fuel Economy is important
By E. Stanfill on 08/08/08 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great Commuter Car. I travel approx 70 miles per day and had been driving a Diesel Pickup that was costing me over $140 per week in fuel, this little car has enough room for a driver 6'3" tall and I'm only spending around $40 per week I'm saving $400 per month and the car payment w/ insurance are much less than that. It's money in the bank to buy this car and keep the diesel parked.

Loving It!!!
By Coro on 08/07/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my new Hyundai Accent last weekend. I replaced a 1999 Accent and this one is light years over the old one! As soon as I sat on the driver's seat, I fell in love with the car. It's my first new car and I couldn't be any happier. My dad owns a Nissan Versa and the Accent has a much more comfortable driver seat, and have to admit the Versa it better in the back seat. Overall, I find the Accent to be a great value and an excellent car for a college student like me. I already took it to a 250 mile trip and was awesome!

HYUNDAI ACCENT 2-DOOR
By Glenn on 07/31/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I did a ton of searching for the best but cheapest gas saver on the market today. I considered the fit, matrix, aveo, rio, and serveral others. By far Hyundai makes the best little gas saver out there. The warranty cannot be beat. This is my 4th Hyundai! I have never been disappointed yet by a Hyundai product or service. The only thing I can say is that if you buy a Hyundai in the Houston area do not go to best Hyundai as they are total crooks. I dealt with hub Hyundai in two different areas in the Houston area and they have both been great. I got this little baby for $11,250 with automatic and air and I just love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.