Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Accent

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Doing great so far!
By frostie_troll

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my aging '98 Saturn just under a year ago, and it has been a great car so far. I was looking for basic transportation with a couple of extras, and that's exactly what I got. With the Accent, I get good gas mileage, reliability, freezing cold A/C even on the hottest Texas days, good looking body style (girls tell me it's "cute"), solid feel, excellent warranty, crazy tight turning radius, XM radio (LOVE the XM!), ample room for my 5'8" self and all my camera equipment, and I can almost pick it up and put it in my pocket after I reach my destination. My only complaint right now is the poor visibility in the hatchback when checking lanes before a lane change.

Favorite Features

XM radio, efficiency, cold as ice A/C, attractive styling, and you can park it just about anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would be very nice (as others have stated), and for the hatchback it would be nice the rear side windows could pop out at the back for added ventilation.

Great Runner
By NATIONofLEAFS

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car not too long ago, but have nothing but good things to say. For the money you pay you get alot of car. You can't expect too much but it does the job great. So far no complaints.

Favorite Features

CD Player, auxiliary jack for i-pod, comfortable seats, and design.

Suggested Improvements

interior quality is good but not great. Not enough rear leg room but can't expect much from a small hatchback.

great little car
By drumthumper

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Accent to replace a 2000 Saturn that failed me only after not even a year. I drive over 100 miles a day and this has been a good car for that. I have had the check engine light on a couple of times for a random misfire but it goes out after a couple of starts (I did have the dealer check this and they said it should be fine). I compared this with a Yaris and found the Yaris was more expensive considering the features (and warranty). It is not the most comfortable car but again I drive a long distance each day. I would and have recommended this car as a cheap commuter (though I could have gotten it even for less if I could have been able to wait a few more months).

Favorite Features

the styling

Suggested Improvements

the handling in emergency situations. This can be a bit squirly in hard braking situations.

In one word "crap"
By na

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new vehicle. I was looking for something with good warranty , fit in my budget, good gas mileage. I got some of that . I have had it for a short time and its been in the shop more times than i would like to count. I would not recommend this car and will never buy anything from Hyundai again.

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Great Car-Great Price!
By ddrake

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought our second Hyundai Accent about one month ago. Our first one we purchased in 2001 and it is pushing 95,000 miles and still scampering along (we never had any major problems with the car!) I have been driving the car approx. 62 miles each day for my commute to work and just love it. Even for a smaller engine, it still has pep. The interior is actually bigger than our 2001 and I like the outside styling much better. The only downside is the quality of the plastic interior; Hyundai should use better plastics. Our side panel did not fit correctly and that needs to be replaced but no big deal (dealership has been great!) 27 miles gas mileage 'round town; highway 33+!

Favorite Features

Price (paid $13,000), gas mileage, exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality plastics in interior, better craftmanshp of interior (the plastic does scratch easily).